Several pieces of old steel from my stash

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1097.jpg

I bought this frame 5 years ago, and had never seen another one until today. I love the Space liner.
IMG_1098.jpg

This is a chopper that started out as a 3-speed girls bike of unknown origin. 5 frames were butchered to make this one. I built it to ride in a parade. I'm gonna tear it apart soon and re-engineer the frame to de-rake it a bit. I also need to move the bottom bracket forward a little more. The fender is a Harley unit that I sectioned to fit the tire. The fork was a 20" bmx that I extended 38".
IMG_1100.jpg

This is a 1953 Schwinn. The saddle is the only part that isn't original. My girl rides this one.

IMG_1101.jpg

This is my very first bike. 1983 Schwinn Bantam. I just beat out the very dented fenders, and detailed it, and gave it to my 5 year old son as his first bike.
IMG_1099.jpg

This is my Monarch Rocket. I'm not sure which direction I'll go with this one. It might fall victim to the sawsall and mig welder.

It took lots of practice to learn to ride that chopper. It has a 3 speed hub and jockey shifter. The shifter isn't too visible in the picture. It has a mini 8 ball shift knob on a short lever mounted way down low............painted black. I got to the point where I could lay the front wheel flat and ride circles..........I just need to stretch the whole frame a foot or so. It's already 6'8" axle to axle as is. I just don't sit in the pocket of the seat. I didn't put much thought into the layout of the frame............I just hacked it and welded it up. It rides straight.......but next time, I will build a frame jig.

Dude, that girls panther, looks like the 1 Steve sold awhile back on eBay awhile ago. Doesn't it?

That Panther has been in the family for about 23 years now. The badge says E Z Speed, All our own hardware. It was a Schwinn that was sold through a hardware store originally.

Thanks, man.

Back