Schwinn Pre-War "Grapecycle"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0421007.jpg

Ten years ago I sanded and primed this rusty forgotten titan. A couple cans of grape spray paint for the wheels and frame, new rubber, some powdercoated parts, new double-butted spokes with the original long nipples, and this charger is ready for the downhill coast. Can you believe this was guaranteed build with Reynolds 531 double-butted tubing? N O T

Bikes2630.jpg

0421009.jpg

0421017.jpg

0421008.jpg

0421010.jpg

0421011.jpg

0421013.jpg

0421014.jpg

0421016.jpg

cman said:
Nice bike. please show up more pics of all those bikes in the garage/shed.

and draw us a map to them and leave the door unlocked !!! :mrgreen:

the purple looks great with whitewalls !!!

I really really really like that bike. really.

so I'm looking at it and my subconscious is telling me something is missing. Trusses? yes, but no that's not it. ... <lightbulb!!> how in the heck is that bike standing?!?!? did you photo shop out the stand?

really like that bike. If you don't want one of those frames in your shed, be sure to let me know.

thatismytruck said:
I really really really like that bike. really.

so I'm looking at it and my subconscious is telling me something is missing. Trusses? yes, but no that's not it. ... <lightbulb!!> how in the heck is that bike standing?!?!? did you photo shop out the stand?

really like that bike. If you don't want one of those frames in your shed, be sure to let me know.

Smoke & Mirrors - if you look very close in one of the pics you can see the "fishing line" attached to the seat springs, I have to be very still while the picture is being taken, haha. No Photoshop here,

BrigmasterA said:
are all these pictures photoshopped? the edges of the bike look sharp as compared to the background...

No, just taken in our back yard with a standard digital camera.

oh god, my favourite color. i have an inexplicable desire to lick it.. that paint looks delicious!

loralie said:
oh god, my favourite color. i have an inexplicable desire to lick it.. that paint looks delicious!
That is a flavorsome comliment. Thank you! Ready?......Salivating Gland Loralie....... Here is another shade of your favorite stimulating color. Please check out, "Schwinn Purple Cantilever" in the Bike Builds. Cheers!

cman said:
Nice bike. please show up more pics of all those bikes in the garage/shed.

Greetings Cman! I'll get some pictures of my many overdue waiting unfinished projects soon under "Ride Hard" in Bike Galary. Cheers from Western Montana.

Back