Schwinn Midget Top Fueler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I just got this Schwinn Midget off Ebay. I had been looking for one and this popped up cheap. It will need paint and some work but I am happy with it. I had a midget before with the Top Fueler Forks on it. They fit really good with the bike.
20170511_134929.jpg
20170511_142042.jpg
20170511_142104.jpg
20170511_153212.jpg
20170511_153253.jpg
20170511_153315.jpg

I won't be making any mini forks just now. I fixed the problem with these. I will be making some kind of shorter forks in the future.

How about a standard set with a 20 inch wheel? Will it kick the frame up too much? I'd really prefer it to stay level.

The 20 inch on the mini is a little too large but on the standard...............

giphy.gif

I've got to figure out a way to get my hands on one of these. I'd build mine with a skinny wheel off a Fastback.

I bet that midget is interesting to ride, the forks are longer than the frame!
The interesting thing about them is they steer the worst on a Huffy rail frame. I can feel it when I roll them around. The Western Flyer buzz bike is the same. Not that either bike make them easy to ride. They didn't call them drag forks for no reason....lol They are hard to steer even in a straight line.... but they look cool..Haha

I had asked about a 20" wheel look as well. I've got a drum brake wheel off of a Columbia and a heavily re-chromed S-6 (too far gone to save the knurling) for this type of application. Assuming I get a chance to acquire one of these magical forks. Otherwise its old school multiple fork bonding...

I had asked about a 20" wheel look as well. I've got a drum brake wheel off of a Columbia and a heavily re-chromed S-6 (too far gone to save the knurling) for this type of application. Assuming I get a chance to acquire one of these magical forks. Otherwise its old school multiple fork bonding...

I am going to see about having the top plates made this week. You will be able to get a set no problem. What bike are you putting these forks on?

It would be on a 1969 Stingray frame I have. Converted to a coaster 3 speed with a tall sissy bar (of course).

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back