Saved From TRASHMAN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this '71 Schwinn Racer awhile back, sitting by someone's garbage cans at the curb. Cleaned it up that day. Took off the not so great fenders, and put on a different seat, one spring broke on original, and bought a new rear axle nut, was stripped.
SchwinnRacerday1.jpg

schwinnracerday1-1.jpg

Racerday2.jpg

day2racer.jpg

YEE-HAA.jpg

Here's another pic, I was just messin' around, bars and stem from my '68 Sting Ray, but I like it, needs a banana seat. Cleaned and greased all the bearings, this bike is a real sweet rider, real tight, shifts great. The Sting Ray was free too...laying out in the country, way out in the middle of nowhere, probably for years, minus rear wheel, looks like it huh, pretty rough, seat especially. The rear wheel and Gripper Slik I had laying around.
SchwinnRacerRay.jpg

StingRay1.jpg

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/Quanah1980/StingRay2.jpg[/IMG
[img]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/Quanah1980/StingRay3.jpg
If you look close, maybe you can see where the reflector was shot by a .22... dang! Anybody know where I can find 26 x 1 1/4 whitewalls for the Racer? Just looking for a source now, won't be buying any till I get back to work. Obviously these pics aren't brand new... its around -10 degrees today!

Nice save man! have fun with it.
Here's what it would look like with a banana and apes. I guess I never took a pic of it on its own, but they're both 26 inch frames. The orange bike in the back is my Norco Eliminator, and as far as I can tell, it came from the factory with the set-up you see, matching orange metalflake seat and grips.
withnorco2.jpg

I'm guessing the hardest part would be to get your hands on a 48 inch sissybar, you could use just about any banana seat you wanted.
Rick

That is a unique banana seat. I wish I could find my Lemon Peeler shifter... found the lever itself, but not the rest of it, I like where you mounted it on the cantilever frame.

Back