Savage No. 2 -- Finished with pics!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Savage No. 2

Red paint being shot!!!
IMG_7401R.jpg

IMG_7403R.jpg

Assembly soon!

We mixed some paint the match the creme color of the Nirve wheels. The raised stripe on the chain guard was painted to match, as well as the Troxel seat frame.

I was nervous scuffing up the fresh clearcoat...
IMG_7408R.jpg

IMG_7410R.jpg

It looks white in these pics, but its definitely a creme color. I was hoping it wouldn't come out looking like a Coke can...
IMG_7411R.jpg

Here's the finished shot of the chain guard and seat. The bow pedals I took apart, cleaned, and painted silver with all the other silver parts. The sweetheart sprocket is a nice touch I think.
IMG_7421R.jpg

IMG_7426R.jpg

Like I said earlier in the thread... This bike is a Christmas gift for my (future mother in law :wink: ) who is a quilter by hobby. A very good one too!! I wanted to incorporate some of those details in the bike. The "Stitch & Bxtch" head badge pretty much says it all. But, one day when I was driving home from work, I thought of a way to add a couple of thimbles to the bike in the form of valve stem caps!!! The stitching in the leather grips is purposeful too. That was the best I could do...

IMG_7422R.jpg

IMG_7420R.jpg

IMG_7423R.jpg

The antique silver fork looks right at home as a coaster brake bracket!!
IMG_7433R.jpg

Totally BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you all for the great comments!! It makes me want to dive into another build ASAP! The fork / spoon idea is something I learned from this site, so you wouldn't be stealing my idea. It's just one of the coolest little tricks you can do to make your bike as unique as possible. If there's an antique shop nearby you.... they always have piles of old silverware to go through.

Latest posts

Back