1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

S7 rims

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by slowriderz, Apr 27, 2012.

1. slowriderz

slowriderz

What tires fit on the S-7 rim?

2. Crassly

Crassly

1 3/4 not 1.75. They normally say "For Schwinn S7" on the sidewall.

3. slowriderz

slowriderz

Thank you! Any idea where to get that size or is it common? i would like some white ones if I could find them

4. Crassly

Crassly

If you are looking for new tires, I think Kenda is the only company making them. Try Google Kenda S7 and see what pops up. Maybe Niagara cycle carries them, they have an on-line catalog. Good luck.

5. Bicycle808

Bicycle808

http://harriscyclery.net/product/kenda-s-7-tire-26-x-1-3-4-black-steel-sku-tr5134-qc49.htm

Those are the ones. Incidentally, there are lots of very skinny road tires(<1"; 23mm) for 650c wheels that have the exact same bead-seat diameter-- 571mm. Those would look ridiculous and likely roll off your rims. These Kendas are the right thickness (@1 3/4"; 44mm) and, b/c QBP carries them, you can get a set for about $40 at any bike shop.

There are also some CST and various other cheepie tires you can get online, for usually $10 to $15, plus shipping. Here's some WWs:
    http://www.amazon.com/CST-Cruiser-2...H6N4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1335561490&sr=8-5

HTH
    -rob

6. DaBigKahuna

DaBigKahuna