Rust Rat on Cream

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my RRBO3 bike,the Rust Rat. But now on the cream Electra tires that I bought from FlyingDingo. I likem. After tuning up the rusty S-2 wheel that I laced for the build off and mounting the Electra tires I went for a ride. The bike looks and rides even better now.
These pics are over at Freinds University on the plaza area.
pedcar050.jpg

pedcar052.jpg

Then it was of to the Keeper of the Plains and Memorial Walk over by the Arkansas river. On my way I ran into a couple of Coasters BC members out riding. Thats Mr. Larry on the 1937 Elgin Twin bar, and Steve the Schwinn expert on his perfect 1953 Black Phantom complete with siren.
pedcar057.jpg

Then here I am over by the river.
pedcar059.jpg

pedcar060.jpg

pedcar061.jpg

A beautiful January day on my Rust Rat with those cream tires. I like It.

that`s one good lookin` ride! :D every part looks like it belongs there. love the tail light! built one that runs on a keychain l.e.d. flashlight,just like that! :D

Gee That bike looks a cazillion times better than the one I just finished. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Man o Man! Really adds a nice touch those Creme tires do! Nice picture on the multicolred bricks as well!

Wish I could be ridin'! Nothing but snow, snow and more snow mixed in with a lot of COLD.... thats COLD!

Joe

Those look great on it, not that it needed help. Rust seems to go with anything, like blue jeans.

Nice pics man, I love your bike, very clean and classic looking. Good job.

Very nice build. Where can I get a seatpost that is bent like that? Did you bend it yourself or buy it that way? I like the last pic the best. The cream concrete blocks set off the tires. Is that a car submerged in the river? :shock: B607

sweet bike. the creme tire look has began to grow on me and your bike pulls it off well. and not only do i dig the bike in everyway, but you did a great job with your backgrounds too. beautiful area fits for a beautiful bike. :D

Thanks for the positive comments. Your too kind.
Check out my build over on the RRBBO3 Rust Rat. That will show how I built the lights and the bent seat post for this bike. I like bent seatposts, to keep me sitting low on the bike and still have some leg room, I'm 6'2". And I like to build kool lights using LEDs, some are small LED flashlights some are scratch built using LEDs.
As far as the pics go. Here in Wichita Kansas, I live about 3 miles from the Downtown, Old Town, Museum, and River walk/bikepath areas that provide great opportunities for good photos, a nice ride with the camera.

Locojoe, yep thats Steve, and he's grown a beard to go with his mustache and shaved head, must mean it going to be a long winter.

Bicyclerick, I dont know if thats the bike Bobby pin striped or not, Steve's been riding the Black Phantom for a few years. I'm thinking the bike Bobby striped was Steve's, Red Phantom, that he just restored in the past year or so, but not for sure. Ask Bobby.

Uncle Stretch, how many zeros are in CAZILLION. Your way too kind.

Yeshoney, we been lucky here this year, we have had some snow, not much, and some beautiful day too, but never enough.

B607, nope, no cars in the river, thats a dam, what you see is probably a log, or a body. No the bodies were in the fancy building in the back ground, Exploration Place, a science museum that just ended the showing of "The Body", the display of diesected and plastisized real human bodies.

Thanks to FlyingDingo for the cream Electra tires,can't get those of the shelf aroung here.

Back