RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 DAYS!!!!!

I've got to finish my nephew's MTB first, a customer refurbish, plus I have two other builds planned before early June before I really start on the build-off bike. Now that I say, I better get my butt in gear. Maybe the Roadmaster I've been tinkering with lately will have to wait a while...

Black Crown Tattoo said:
I know this is a dumb question but where all the rules posted for the build challenge? Im new sorry!!!

Here are the rules from last year.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39622

More than likely they will be the same. Start date for the build is May 1 and deadline is August 1.

kingfish254 said:
Black Crown Tattoo said:
I know this is a dumb question but where all the rules posted for the build challenge? Im new sorry!!!

Here are the rules from last year.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39622

More than likely they will be the same. Start date for the build is May 1 and deadline is August 1.

Then the winning votes for me will be cast in the days following.

If it happens to be an anything goes build I'm sticking with the original plan, though a much fatter rear tire may come into play, much fatter than the one you're already thinking about too.

And I will be mining for my own iron ore to start the build.*

*That's also a lie.

yoothgeye said:

It is so cute how innocent and naive yooth can be.

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

It is so cute how innocent and naive yooth can be.

It's alright kids, grandpa still thinks he's in his right mind, let's just entertain him until it's time to go home. :wink:

If it happens to be an anything goes build I will be genetically altering a fast growing bamboo to grow in 3 months and build the entire bike in the last 6 hours before the deadline.*

*That's also a lie.

I already have bamboo growing in our courtyard. Look to the right of this photo.

IMG_4869.jpg

kingfish254 said:
I already have bamboo growing in our courtyard. Look to the right of this photo.

IMG_4869.jpg

If it comes up missing I didn't do it! :mrgreen:

erichitscar said:
WOOOOT! ( me being excited) I'm in, LETS DO THIS!

Watcha got planned Eric??????

I HOPE IT IS AN ANYTHING GOES BUILD OFF!!!!!!!
that way i can build a prewar schwinn!!!* :p :p
well....that and then those who have been going on about it can put up or shut up....big wallets arent custom....anyone can pay to have something done FOR them!
and maybe we can have bikes that look like bikes? i know...i know....thats not "pushing the envelope" but i personally like bikes that look like...well bikes :shock:

*that was the truth! well time willing*

My son has a question about his build candidate... He recently acquired a bare frame of a Schwinn S350 electric scooter. He wants to use it as his build off entry. We've read the rules and it states the "bike" must be rideable. Would this mean he can't use the scooter? I'm reading it as he cannot and that it must be a bike, but I told him I'd ask anyway.

Chips_Mahoy said:
My son has a question about his build candidate... He recently acquired a bare frame of a Schwinn S350 electric scooter. He wants to use it as his build off entry. We've read the rules and it states the "bike" must be rideable. Would this mean he can't use the scooter? I'm reading it as he cannot and that it must be a bike, but I told him I'd ask anyway.

Cool that he is thinking outside the box. I am guessing that it would be outside the rules too, but who knows.
I know there are push bicycles, but almost all of the definitions of "bicycle" that I could find define that it is powered by pedals.

Chips_Mahoy said:

This was briefly discussed last year and I think the term to pay attention to is "stock frame"

Now, check this out, definition of bike:

bike/bīk/
Noun: A bicycle or motorcycle.
Synonyms: noun. bicycle - cycle - machine - wheel

Defintion of cycle:

cy·cle/ˈsīkəl/
Noun:A series of events that are regularly repeated in the same order.
Synonyms: noun. circle - bicycle - period - bike - round - wheel

A Scooter has 2 wheels (bi in bicycle) and the repeated kicking motion used to ride a scooter is a cycle.

If he builds it to be foot powered, I would consider that a votable entry.

That's the thing, you can enter the build off and break EVERY rule, and in the end I'm pretty sure Steve would still put your entry on the ballot, but will people vote for it based on your respect for the build off. If he builds a scooter, shows his process and gives us something to follow, I think we'd all consider that a votable entry.

Kingfish, what's that plant growing under your spiral staircase? Maybe that's your inspiration for using folking bikes, motorcycle tires, and water skis in the same build...

Latest posts

Back