RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
1 more month!!! 8) 8) 8)
Cue up MOP's Ante Up! The Jake has two more parts! Bike sale this week at NBW in Philly. 25 bucks starting price. I have two frames for the build off so far. Get ready Ratters! I'm ready to throw down. Let's get it on!! Peace

RestoRodSchwinn said:
I may want to jump the thing or bunnyhop curbs and I don't want to bend the frame. :D
Then you most follow the path that yoothgeye has revealed. :mrgreen:

Jake Sensi said:
Get ready Ratters! I'm ready to throw down. Let's get it on!! Peace

Daaaaaannnnnnnnnnnngggggg!!!!!!! (in my best Joe Dirt voice) I think someone is out for proverbial bike blood! :shock:
dang.jpg

Here is another cool photo for design inspiration.

sprintman.jpg

expjawa said:
Yep, I'd call that minimalist... :mrgreen:

Somehow, it seems like it might be tough to replicate with a stock frame...

Actually, if you started with a Dahon frame with a lowrider springer fork you would be close.

2011081721.jpg

I already have an ad up on CL asking for rusty sheet metal for my sidecar.

A co-worker of mine just told me he has a pair of rusty VW bug fenders. I don't know if they are front or back, but this could get interesting!!!!! HEAVY, but interesting!

You're right, that isn't far off. However, pedalling in the position shown in the first pic could be...problematic...

FWIW - locally, there's a place (http://www.rochestersteel.com) that deals in surplus metals, most of which are the bits left over when a customer orders X amount of feet of barstock or a specific size section of sheet. They the sell the "drops" from those jobs pretty cheap, assuming you can find something suitable on their racks to fit your needs. I'd bet that there is a similar outfit in any metropolitan area; you can probably find your side car sheet metal inexpensively there and "age" it yourself...

All of your so-called "inspiration" is just motorcycles, cleavage, and mustaches... Meh. :| Once you see my build-off bike, nobody will search for inspiration again, full on build enlightenment coming your way.

yoothgeye said:
All of your so-called "inspiration" is just motorcycles, cleavage, and mustaches... Meh. :| Once you see my build-off bike, nobody will search for inspiration again, full on build enlightenment coming your way.

I was dead-set on building a Monowheel for the build-off, but seems finding a stock frame is kinda hard... ;)

It hard to beat drinking an epic beer like KBS under your epic build off beer bike!!!!!

WP_001366.jpg

yoothgeye said:
All of your so-called "inspiration" is just motorcycles, cleavage, and mustaches... Meh. :|

Maybe, but if you look at the Curtiss V8 above, you'll see it really is essentially a stretched bicycle frame made to fit a monster engine. Curtiss was a bike racer & builder before manufacturing motorcycles, and then aircraft. He built that as a test bed for a new aircraft engine, did 136 mph in 1907. That's not nothin', a good example of a bike that actually needed those truss rods... :mrgreen:

FunkyStickman said:
yoothgeye said:

I was dead-set on building a Monowheel for the build-off, but seems finding a stock frame is kinda hard... ;)

I've thought about building one, just putting a 20" girl's bike inside the wheel, the only problem I have is finding a big wheel.

Latest posts

Back