Rollfast Project - Wheels Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rollfast Project

rolly002.jpg
Not only am I second guessing the seat, but also the placement of the horn. Not sure where it will end up.

rolly003.jpg

I am having chain trouble and could use a good idea. In order to make the huge tire fit I have to slide the wheel all the way back in the dropouts. When I do this it leave me exactly 1/2 a link from perfect. Not sure what to do?
rolly004.jpg

Hey Georgeediii, great looking bike so far. Did you get the chain figured out? I know it might not be as pretty with the white chain & all, but you can pickup a half-link (offset link) at most hardware/farm supply stores that should resolve the issue for you. Maybe you could paint the side of the link with a paint pen to help match it up better.

Good Looking Bike!
Really interesting ideas plus I like the red half link too
Where did you get the 27" (X1/4" or 3/16"?) white wall? have only found 27" black or gum walls
Tire/wheel combo is cool and fills out the frame/fork perfectly

I know everybody loves the old rim. Me too. Unfortunatley it is not as true as I need it to fit in the frame. Sadly many of the spokes on the old rim are stuck in place and I dont want to re-lace it. Guess I will have to save it for a future bike.

I do have an idea for these rims though, just have to get some "parts" together.

MplsCoaster said:
Where did you get the 27" (X1/4" or 3/16"?) white wall? have only found 27" black or gum walls
Tire/wheel combo is cool and fills out the frame/fork perfectly

The 27" x 1/4 whitewall is a kenda my lbs ordered for me.

I have been dealing with health issues for a while but the bright side is I now have several weeks off to recouperate and get back to some of my projects.

Here is a taste of what I have in store for the wheels. Unfortunatly I am worse at math than I am at spelling and I didnt buy enough spikes. I counted several times and still came up several short of what I need to finish the rear wheel. More have been ordered and are on their way. I am pretty happy with the way the front came out. I hope it will make the 27 and the 26 look like a matched set.

Studdedwheels003.jpg

Studdedwheels004.jpg

I got my remaining spikes in the mail today and finished the rear wheel. I think they look pretty sweet.
Punk Rock Will Never Die!

rollon002.jpg

rollon005.jpg

I finally got around to tightening some things up on the Rollfast. I managed to get the seat firmly mounted the way I wanted (level) and got the plate on the back more securely. I trimmed the wire for the light and used red connectors. I also got the coaster arm secured. I did get a half-link and now it is just a hair too loose but I think I can grind away just enough of the dropout to take out the slack.

Rolly008.jpg

Rolly009.jpg

Rolly014.jpg

Rolly012.jpg

Rolly010.jpg

Just when I thought I had this thing about as finished as it needs to be, my wife gave me some great news. Looks like I will have to figure out a way to attach this in the next couple of months!
Rolly018.jpg

Rolly015.jpg

I found mine in a pile of bikes at the recycler.It was a frame with a bent rear drop out with a ratty wheel and tire hanging on it.The forks looked like they had been sitting in the dirt with no wheel for 20 years and the original red and white seat is usable.I liked the frame so I got it for $5.I took the Bendix apart and cleaned it but the axel is junk do to the threads being stripped.I bought a junk bike with a like new 26x2.125 and springer for it.
MYBIKES004.jpg

Looks good! I was thinking about a 700c on front also.I change my mind every day.I have 26x1 3/8 on it for mock up.I may go with that on front and a 2.125 whitewall on back.

Bama Bill said:
Looks good! I was thinking about a 700c on front also.I change my mind every day.I have 26x1 3/8 on it for mock up.I may go with that on front and a 2.125 whitewall on back.
Mine actually has a 27 up front. With your springer you could probably run whatever you want.

Good luck with it I'm watching

Latest posts

Back