Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hello my RRB friends,

I seemed to have stumbled on a great deal at a Swap meet today. Paid $50.00 for this Roadmaster and would just like to find a bit of info about it. Has a nice Brooks Saddel, skip tooth, wheeIs don't match, has a set weathered but ridable Goodyear All Weather tires. Grips are nothing special but nice, bars and stem are a bit rusted but solid. One rear hub adjusters is broken while the other is fine. Frame and fender are in great shape. New Departure hub is corroded as is the front hub...brakes are good. Pedals seem a bit bent but the blocks are ok. Typical red house paint with some on the badge. S/N A91766. Few questions; is this bike considered a straight bar frame? What other kinds of Springer and tank could be installed on it? What is the basic value of it. What would be better, a restoration or Rat it out (I already have a super cool rat.
Thx,
Bart
20151018_142236.jpg

20151018_142246.jpg
20151018_142226.jpg
20151018_142211.jpg

Yes a great deal! the B72 seat by itself is good, but you have a CWC that's rideable as is. It's a straightbar frame.
I would rat it out and enjoy the look and laid back ride these bikes are famous for. If the red paint can be removed, maybe the original paint (and patina) is under there.
If it's a 46-47 I think it's referred to as a 3 gill frame, going by the looks of the tanks that may have come with it.

Latest posts

Back