Road Kill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got some pics of my mixte. I build this bike shortly after finding this site. I was looking through old post and found some of the earlier pics of Jetro's mixte Massacre and loved it. I couldn't find a mixte frame but I had a few old 27 inch 3 speed boys bikes laying around. I picked one out and removed the top tube, bent the seat stays down and extended them, and shortened the seat tube. I then painted it flat black, slapped on some 24 inch wheels and tires, and all the neccesary parts needed.

RoadKill2.jpg

RoadKill3.jpg

I ran across pics of Massacre with the spikes added to the fenders and didn't realize it was the same bike but liked the idea so I borrowed the idea and also added a skull to the front fenderand some white pin stripes. The fendes were from the 27 inch 3 speed. I used a wooden ball to widen them a bit and as they widened the diameter got smaller. Here is a link the post on doing this in the how to section.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5391&p=64052&hilit=ball#p64052

RoadKill7.jpg

RoadKill8.jpg

RoadKill9.jpg

My brother gave me this cabinet knob to put on the back fender.

RoadKill10.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration Jetro.

Any time.........

l_40ef61c39cc2eb34d677a11e840f91ce.jpg

This pic is a bit old but has the bars you like, speedo, seat should of been all the way down and the shifter is broken (still have not fixed it).

My fav bike.

Anyone have a before pic of what that frame looks like? :?: It's a way cool ride, I just can't picture what the original bike looked like... ~Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Anyone have a before pic of what that frame looks like? :?: It's a way cool ride, I just can't picture what the original bike looked like... ~Adam

I built mine from a 3 speed murray diamond frame if that helps. I don't have a before pic but I have another frame just like it. I will try to get a pic of it tomorrow unless someone else post one in the mean time. You can do a google image search for mixte bike and see what most people use to make these.

Here is a photo of a bike like I made mine from. As you can see it was a bit more work but i couldn't find a mixte frame around these parts.

Bikes038.jpg

I didn't think to take photos of the build process of the first one but if I make another one I will try to remember.

does anybody have a build thread on one of these style of bikes? i really like the look of them but would like to see how they are made or converted or whatever. so if anybody has any build threads of these bikes, please lemme know!

also, flamejigger, you live in aurora MO? wheres that at in missouri?? im live in kansas city MO

Easy E

elvis51 said:
flamejigger, you live in aurora MO? wheres that at in missouri?? im live in kansas city MO

Easy E

Aurora is located in southwest MO about 35 miles west of Springfield

I hav one ov these and it has the sweetest crank on it ...
it haz a freewheel front flywheel so wen u pedal back it keeps the chain rigid!
only the swingarms turn
this meens no derailing if u backpedal ...

and if u get the urge u can fit an engine off the front flywheel large cog and not haf to pedal with the engine

sweet:)
frogg_y

Back