Road-kill Rat UPDATE 7/31/12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This project first began with a 50's JC Higgins.
I was going to make a board track style bike, but then changed ideas, I had a blue Dayton frame that was bent, we spent a couple hours with the blow torch trying to straighten the frame, our attempt was unsuccessful, so my dad gave my another Dayton frame. I love the OG paint bikes, so I'm keeping the paint normal, here are pictures.
Here is the bare frame
d4a6c60a.jpg

cde9db0e.jpg

Here I added both rims and tires, and also the crank and chainring which is Higgins.

43ca0869.jpg

At this point I have added a sweeeeeett set of bars, white waffle pedals and a seat.

de3566f7.jpg

Now here's something none of you have probably ever seen, a golf ball kickstand!!!!
62902d11.jpg

f36417a8.jpg

Now I took a front fender and a tin snips and cut the fender to give it a "bobbed" look, also added two other things, if you noticed in the front wheels, yes those are license plates, and finally added part of the back fender to the front just as an ornament/fender.
ba4e0143.jpg

b5487c16.jpg

4b137d98.jpg

3f2f1c98.jpg

1266162c.jpg

21b0f5c8.jpg

Since these pictures have been taken, I have added more and more unique items to the bike.

Re: Road-kill Rat

Im gonna keep the original paint, it has the patina, if you start painting it takes that look away from it.

Very cool features to this build.
I am liking it.

Yoothgeye is going to be jealous of that machine gun belt!

Road-kill Rat

Cool ideas man!

Thanks Craig, I hope she turns out yet, and I still have an idea in the "bag" you'll see when it's done.

im not liking the machine gun belt, it looks like it was just thrown on the bike, im going to make a tank, out of an olive drab green, to a grinder to a stove and cut out the panel that i want to make the tank with, and after thats made, i will throw on some sweet accesories to the tank itself, stay tuned

You've got my curiosity going :!:

Thank you Circa Cycles, and i would like to put the headbadge on the bike, i have the perfect dayton badge for this relic and that machine gun belt was stopping me from doing so, the tank i will need some card board to start and trace the lines for the tank cut it out, and trace it onto the green steel, and make the tank.

Thanks frankster41! I can't wait to see it done.
I'm thinking of different ideas for a seat, something do extreme and out of the box, but until then, you'll just have to wait :mrgreen:

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

SIX WEEKS LEFT!

Latest posts

Back