<<RIDGE RUNNER XXX>> In finished bikes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>frame prep

That's a cool frame! 8)

Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>frame prep

The muscle bike parts will be for the MUSCLE. These are the parts that will make it a RIDGE RUNNER muscle. The whole frame has been striped, then BLUED , and what goes with bluing? This is the bike you want when you have to run from the revenuers. :lol:

Striped
build7024.jpg

Blued. A Moonshiner's bike don't need no tank!
build7028.jpg

build7030.jpg

Trigger and trigger guard are next to fab.

Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>MO Muscle

Ha...that's super cool! :mrgreen:

Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>Help. What bars?

Well, I'm stuck on which bars to pick. I like the moon bars, but I also like the apes. Any opinions on which ones? Still got to work on the trigger.

build7033.jpg

build7037.jpg

I think I like the moon bars better, but here's an idea.

Cut the curve off of a set of drop bars and weld them to the moon bars like gun grips and then wrap them in some fabricated or toy pistols.

super KOOL frame!! I vote for the APES :D They go with the sissy bar height and cRazInesS of this build

I like the Apes!!! 8) :mrgreen:

I like King fishs idea, but I would go with the apes if it's only between these two bars. :)

I like the apes...but the moon bars look meaner...like it's leaning forward looking out under a fedora.

theblank3.jpg

I like the apes. Especially the way they're mocked up now. The angle of the sissy bar and the same angle of the apes, gives it a nice line.

KOTA said:
I like the apes. Especially the way they're mocked up now. The angle of the sissy bar and the same angle of the apes, gives it a nice line.

X2

Looking at it again, if you kept the moon bars, I would shorten the sissy bar to match the high...low and mean. If you keep the sissy bar height, I agree with the others...the apes give it much smoother lines.

I don't know normally I'd say Apes in almost any situation....
But I've gotta go with the Moon Bars here....
The apes over power the sissy bar in dimension, Higher sissy bars would be OK with them...
The Moon Bars give it a harder charging "Ridge Runner" ... It allows focus to be kept on the Cool gun your fabbing out front... I think the Apes would steal some of the limelight there ...
I respect everyone's opinions about the "Lines" and "Height" issues, but I think the Moon Bars and Sissy Bar, as is, Coordinate and Compliment each other... " Low and Mean " up front and Tall and Beefy to have your Back as your riding hard ( Presumably blasting your way with that piece up front) ...
Digging your build, this is just my 2 cents ...

Sorry, Have to add one more thing.
The title is "Ridge Runner" Muscle , keep the emphasis on Ridge Runner, accentuated with Muscle...
Once Again just MHO....

Kingfish, what a great idea! What I'm going to do now is mount the wheels and try both sets of bars. This thing is going to swing. So I'm not sure which ones will feel the best. I appreciate all your input, but I'm still confused. :lol: Thanks again and I'll be watching everyone else's builds.
Still have to fab the trigger and guard.

<<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>Help. What bars?

Moons...all day long.

Thanks again guys. New idea for gun please stay tuned.

Here is a fully restored Hopalog Cassidy complete with twin cap guns in holsters at the stem.
I stopped by my LBS and took this photo for ya.

WP_001735.jpg

Thanks for the pic.

Latest posts

Back