RETRO-RAT-O DONE (YA-HOO!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 6-8)

OK RATTERS I'M BACK. Here is the logo I'm working on for my lil custom bike shop.
GEDC0015.jpg
OK PRIME TIME BABY
GEDC0004.jpg
FAT CHAINGUARD I FOUND AT NBW
GEDC0009.jpg
THE NEW GRIPS
GEDC0006.jpg
GEDC0005.jpg
Hmmm...WHAT'S THIS
GEDC0011.jpg
PLUS SOME BIKES I DID SUNDAY
GEDC0022.jpg
GEDC0020.jpg
GEDC0017.jpg
STAY TUNED NEXT THE HEADLIGHT VIEWING..CUE VAN HALENS "CABO WABO" SONG...NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 6-13)

OK RATTERS I'M BACK WITH MORE. HEY NO REPLIES. OK CHECK THESE PICS OUT. THAT COLOR WAS STARTING TO ANNOY ME. IF IT AIN'T FLAT BLACK -IT AIN'T RAT. SO AFTER COUNLESS NIGHTS THINKING ABOUT IT I SPRAYED IT BLACK. SO THERE YOU HAVE IT DOC.
GEDC0027.jpg
YEAH IT LOOKS TUFF NOW. WHAT GOES HERE..
GEDC0025.jpg
Hmmm I ALSO CONSTRUCTED A LIGHT HOLDER FROM A PLASTIC PLANT POT.
GEDC0034.jpg
.I ALSO ADDED A CHAIN AND RODE IT AROUND THE BLOCK. YEAH IT WAS FAST AND SMOOTH.BUT LOOK OUT.. NO BRAKES!!! THE NEW FRONT WITH SOME MIRRORS
GEDC0032.jpg
NOW CUE THAT AC/DC "BACK IN BLACK" SONG OR LIVING COLOURS "CULT OF PERSONALITY" SONG AND GET TA BUILDIN'...... PEACE

Liking the flat black much more. Ties the tank and seat together better. Nice job.

Cheers Jonnie

Great concept! Also love the bullmoose bars, its a really nice retro touch! I have to say it, but I really loved the contrasting black/silver. Really made the bike stands out. Regardless its definitely different, and a great take on what's become a pretty boring frame otherwise due to its prevalence/redundancy in the industry. Nice job!

Thanks for the comments. I too liked the silver but it just didn't look tuff enuff for me. But fear not there is more silver coming. Like "Handover Fist", I've got an angle...On the bars I figured ya'll seen enuff backward moustach bars on bikes. NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

slow rider said:
I like every thing on this build but the handelbars. they just dont fit the moter cycle vibe the bike has.

Yeah I'm sorry..I completely disagree with that... I'm digging the handlebars, they, with the new light, are working together Great....
Though next time you take pics...PBR...not Blue Moon.?.?.?

By the way what up with the chaingaurd? I'd like to see that on this newer version. I love that guard and think it'll look great in this pseudo motorcycle look you got going...

looks muuuuuuuch better with the black. lovin the homemade headlight too. question, how are you powering it? or is it a falsie?

THANKS GUYS FOR THE KIND WORDS. THE FLAT BLACK MAY JUST STAY. I HAVE 6 BLACK BIKES NOW. I JUST PAINTED MY OCC BLACK LAST NIGHT. I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE IT TODAY. THE PBR IS ON ICE. THE CHAINGUARD GETS PAINTED TODAY AND MAY BE ATTACHED. AHH ...THE HEADLIGHT IS A FALSIE FOR NOW,BUT REMEMBER HANOVER FIST. I THINK IT'S COME ALONG WAY.
GEDC0034.jpg
THIS WEEK I'M SHOOTING FOR THE SEAT AND THE BRAKES. CUE THE FOO FIGHTERS"MONKEY WRENCH" SONG...AND GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Jake,
You know I'm a fan and I like where you're going. This bike is getting an 'old motocross/dirt track' look to it.
The color is fine, most motorcycle frame are black, try painting the tank a different color (maybe red oxide primer or that red you did the girls bike with), maybe that will break it up a little.
Also, to me, visually the bike looks 'rear heavy', I think if you mounted another big tire on the front.....BANG!
See what I mean?
before:
GEDC0027.jpg

after some BAD image tweaking :mrgreen:
Rat-oconcept.jpg

Hope this makes sense.....

Cheers,
Dr. T

HEY DOC THANKS FOR BEING A FAN. I'M REALLY THRILLED THIS BEING MY FIRST BUILD AND SUCH.I'M LOOKING FOR YA BUILDS PROGRESS.WHAT'S UP!?! YOU KNOW WHAT?!? I FORGOT ABOUT TRYING ON THAT TIRE. I HAVE ONE LEFT SO MAYBE IT'LL BE THE TOP SECRET FINISHING MOVE TO CRACK THE TOP 20. LOL TANK COLOR ...HMMM ..ANOTHER FINISHING MOVE YOU'VE GOT TO SEE. IT WILL BE A EYE OPENER FOR SURE. LOT'S OF STUFF RUNNING IN MY MIND,BUT ONLY ABOUT 5 MORE STEPS TO GO. CHECK BACK WED.. TILL THEN CUE PARLIAMENT/FUNKADELICS "DOCTOR FUNKENSTEIN" SONG AND...GET TA BUILDIN'!!
GEDC0015.jpg
PEACE

Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 6-20)

YEAH RATTERS I'M STILL HERE.THANKS FOR THE PROPS AND THANKS AGAIN DOC. HERE YA HAVE IT HATE IT OR NOT. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!
GEDC0114.jpg
RETRO RAT-O FATTER UP FRONT.
GEDC0118.jpg
I PAINTED THE TANK. JUST A WHITE PRIMER, MAYBE THE COLOR WHO KNOWS. ATTACHED A SEAT TO RIDE DOWN THE STREET.
GEDC0120.jpg
I HAD TO TAKE THE LIGHT OFF DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS.SO THIS OLD LIGHT DOES THE TRICK FOR NOW. ARE Y'ALL DIGGING THE FLOW.
GEDC0119-1.jpg
ALL AND ALL SHE'S JUST NOT ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL.
GEDC0123-1.jpg
CUE CHEAP TRICKS"I WANT YOU TO WANT ME' SONG-HOPE YA'LL HAD A GOOD FATHERS DAY--AND GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

See what I mean???
That fat front tire looks MUCH better (in my opinion anyway :mrgreen: ). It looks like you could jump that bike off a building!

What I really like is how the new light 'tucks' into the handlebars now, also an improvement!

I 'kinda' like the tank in white, got the letters on the tires, the white chain working too....maybe some white grips, Oury style?

Keep building bro!

Cheers,
Dr. T

To be honest I wasn't digging the white tank until I read Dr T s comment. I'm thinking it'd work out if it wasn't ALL white, maybe your retro rat-o logo on it ? Otherwise I'm in agreement the fat up front is nice. I liked the big light you had, if you can get that working, it's the way to go, if not go back to the squarish light you originally had. I think that's better than the bullet light you've got on there.
MOST importantly, I'm waiting to see how you mount the OCC seat. I think that'd be way cool.
Have a good one...

whoinphx said:
MOST importantly, I'm waiting to see how you mount the OCC seat. I think that'd be way cool.

This was what I was thinking. This frame looks really cramped and if you could put that seat out back I think it would visually stretch the frame.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
See what I mean???
That fat front tire looks MUCH better (in my opinion anyway :mrgreen: ). It looks like you could jump that bike off a building!

What I really like is how the new light 'tucks' into the handlebars now, also an improvement!

I 'kinda' like the tank in white, got the letters on the tires, the white chain working too....maybe some white grips, Oury style?

Keep building bro!

Cheers,
Dr. T
YEAH DOC THAT WAS YA BRAIN CHILD. YOU WERE RIGHT. I GOT ALOT OF LOOKS CRUISING DOWN THE STREET. NO THE TANK WILL NOT REMAIN WHITE.(SUSPENSE OR LIE) :mrgreen: NOT JUMPING OFF BUILDINGS JUST CURBS. LOL THANKS AGAIN PEACE

whoinphx said:
To be honest I wasn't digging the white tank until I read Dr T s comment. I'm thinking it'd work out if it wasn't ALL white, maybe your retro rat-o logo on it ? Otherwise I'm in agreement the fat up front is nice. I liked the big light you had, if you can get that working, it's the way to go, if not go back to the squarish light you originally had. I think that's better than the bullet light you've got on there.
Have a good one...
HEY YA IN MY HEAD ABOUT THE LOGO!! SHHH!!! KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. LOL GIVE THIS MAN A PRIZE. YA GOT MOST OF MY IDEAS TOO. SO THAT MUST MEAN I'M DOING OK HUH!?! I APPRECIATE YA VIEWS. IT DOES GOOD TO SEE PEOPLE RESPOND TO WHAT YA CREATING. THANKS AGAIN. OH YEAH. THIS SEAT IS GOING ON IF I GOTTA GORILLA GLUE IT. DON'T WORRY! PEACE

Latest posts

Back