Retro Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bunch of photos of the finished bike!

Bild241.jpg

Bild261.jpg

Bild258.jpg

Bild266.jpg

Bild265.jpg

Bild264.jpg

Bild254.jpg

Bild247.jpg

Bild253.jpg

Bild250.jpg

Bild251.jpg

Bild243.jpg

Bild245.jpg

/Petter

SIMPLY AMAZING SIR!!!! this bike is truly beautiful. this bike definately belongs on the gallery page. nice work man

Easy E

This is one to remember, mr Galtbacken! I took notice when I came across your retroracer in your build-up thread. Your ideas are pretty amazing and have turned out great. You're blessed with many skils. Did you make any nightshots with your lights turned on? I'm curious how much reflection the 'cups' will generate as my project will probably have some sort of indirect lighting...

Thank you herr_rudolf! I'll see if I can take some good nightshots so that you can see what kind of light the LEDs produce. :)

I'm afraid I did not follow your build thread, but I am guessing that your frame is a custom. I have certainly never seen anything like it. The paint and many details are absolutely amazing! Color choices and graphics just POP! Overall an icredible and awesome build, well done is certainly an understatement, but well done! Later & PEACE!!!!

Thanks cman and muddywater04!! :D

Thanks Slick Rick! Your guess is right, I made the frame from scratch. The build thread is still there in the Bike Builds-section if you'd like to check it out. :)

herr_rudolf, I took a few photos yesterday when it got dark! It's a little tricky to get an exact idea of the amount of light from the LEDs (I don't have the best camera for taking night pictures), but you might get a hint of it. :)

Rider's view:
Bild271.jpg

Back view:
Bild274.jpg

Side view:
Bild273.jpg

Front side view:
Bild272.jpg

Hope they're of any help to you! :)

And thank you all again for the kind words!

Galtbacken said:
herr_rudolf, I took a few photos yesterday when it got dark! It's a little tricky to get an exact idea of the amount of light from the LEDs (I don't have the best camera for taking night pictures), but you might get a hint of it. :)

Ah, thanks for taking the effort. The front seems like a strong beamlight. Does it get a lot of help from the cup surounding the leds?

I love the "tank" and graphics on it. I also really like the way you brought the red down the lower bar and ended with the darts on the chainstays. Unique! Gary

elvis51 said:
so galtbacken....HOW DOES IT RIDE???!!!

It rides really nice!! :D Very comfortable!

herr_rudolf said:
Ah, thanks for taking the effort. The front seems like a strong beamlight. Does it get a lot of help from the cup surounding the leds?

The reflector cup probably helps a little, but the LEDs themselves give a pretty sharp light. There are several different "strength" LEDs though, and some produce a milder light. And maybe you can experiment with flat clearcoat or something to dim them more? :) Glad if I can be of any help!

B607 said:
I love the "tank" and graphics on it. I also really like the way you brought the red down the lower bar and ended with the darts on the chainstays. Unique! Gary

Thanks Gary! :)

Dan Jose said:
I WISH i could photograph this bike! Always a fan!

Thanks bro! I WISH that you could too! Man I bet they'd be some sweet photos, having seen what you can do with a camera! :D

Impressive piece rolling artwork love the graphics on it. Such a clean design.

Latest posts

Back