Recovering banana seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pearson banana seat that has two pans. Question is the (grommet?) that you bolt the seat to the sissy bar do you just drill it out? If so what do you replace it with?

If you are talking about the steel pan, i just weld two washers on inside and outside. If you are talking about the leather/textile, then the best would be to ask your local tanner or any other master who works with leather, they have special tools and special kind of rivets for that.

I used the cap that you press onto the end of axles on kids toys to retain the wheel. Punched thru it with a punch and folded the edges over to secure it.

Dont know what theyre called but ace hardware had them. I also didnt come up with this gem, someone else on here did it first.

Screenshot_20181010-120100.png
If you are talking about the steel pan, i just weld two washers on inside and outside. If you are talking about the leather/textile, then the best would be to ask your local tanner or any other master who works with leather, they have special tools and special kind of rivets for that.
I was talking about this rivet grommet thing

Latest posts

Back