Rear kickstand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really wanting to use a rear hub mounted kick stand, the old vintage style hoop that folds down over the wheel.

Problem is I cant get anyone that sells these to give me information on what drop out they work with. I am building on a 150mm drop out frame and no one can tell me if they are able to work or if there is one out there that will work.

Does anyone know more about this style of kick stand and what drop out frame it will work on?

There were at least two similar types, one was axle-mount, intended to mount on most frames; the others used on unique drop-outs with pivot points and stop lug projections already built in frames.

There are Chinese built "repos" online for ~$50, they have springs and look nice in chrome or black; vintage ones may go for ~$100.

I was looking at the "repos" and none of them were saying what frames they would fit. For the vintage build I am going with I don't think a side kick stand nor a more modern center mount center stand would look proper on this retro build I am working on.

I pulled an image off of feebay and ran it through gimp. If his measurement if 14.5 inches from axle to ground is correct then the space between the mounts is just about 150mm. You would have to spread it a little for the dropouts. look like you could make it work. ;)

thanks for the reply, that's good to know I will be buying one now then. I purchased handle bars last night only to get my money refunded today apparently they are out of stock based off HBBC`s site. Good thing too cause the bars I bought from Jake are 7/8" and my VO threadless stem with adapter will only fit a 1" bar they didn't have a black adapter for a 7/8" bar.

Little update, I got a black rear axle kick stand and it is a little narrower than my frame but it flexes pretty easily so I should be able to flex it outward over the axle and just tighten the nut down to lock it in place.

Latest posts

Back