Rattus Board Trackus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my "Rattus Board Trackus"

custom the built frame forks and tank, 80cc "Happy Time "

rhside.jpg

34rhfront.jpg

34lh.jpg

rhengine.jpg

34seat.jpg

sprocket.jpg

cheers, Steve

Yep, you win. I wouldn't paint it either. You paint it and it's like every other old motorcycle, but as it sits it's got a story. Completely awesome.

before shots...... more like build shots really.
donor frame lying on the blue print
start.jpg

a bit of a nip and a tuck
cut.jpg

and after a little scraping, filing and sanding
frame.jpg

bit of brass went into that fillet
filet.jpg

folded and soldered
tank.jpg

regards

Steve

Thanks for all the great replies,

the paint is spray can red oxide under coat then a coat of a cheap spray can light gray, scratched knocked and chipped in areas that would naturally receive wear,
left out side for a month or so to rust up then rubbed back with some fine steel wool to reveal some more of the red oxide, next dabbed on with a paint brush a coat of shellac in and around areas that would get a build up of grime, let the shellac dry then rubbed it back with fine steel wool soaked with methylated spirits. The gray paint must have been acrylic cause the metho dissolved that as well.

Got the Fat Franks here in Australia, went into a local bike shop and asked, the guy in the shop rang the wholesaler and found out there was some in stock and could be ordered, so got a friend with a bike shop to order them in for me, took a couple of days to get them. Ask at your LBS to check with the Schwalbe importer.

regards

Steve

btw; to help fund my next project I've listed this bike on ebay

:shock: wow, the best boardtracker-replica i have ever seen :!:

and sachs torpedo hubs are always cool :wink:

Back