Ratted a schwinn heavy duti

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok its not stretched,but it looks alot better than when I got it . The guy wound up selling me two Heavy Duti's and for $20 a piece they are a good start on a projects. Schwinn got their moneys worth on the yellow paint. I tried my 4'' grinder with the wire cup , just kinda smeared the paint off. Then I went to the spray on paint remover.....really messy...finally went back to the wire brush. I thought i was never going to get all of it off. Anyway one is done will start on the other one in a day or so . The stem was frozen in the fork tube. I didnt try ammonia , but i will on the next one. I had to buy a bmx stem it was the only one big enough ...plus it was in the bargin bin for $6. Looks kinda funny but hey it was cheap.
BEFORE

heavy.jpg

AFTER

sc1.jpg

sc4.jpg

Not wanting to hurt anybody's feelings ,these arn't I love you bikes,or even my favorite bikes,or I never want to get rid of you bikes. These are built for one purpose....SWAP MEET trading material. So I can find that other old twin frame that I cant live with out. These are ,I have $45 in them and will sell for $125 bikes . They will look as good as the buget allows . Decient paint good sturdy parts and new wheels and tires. Looking for someone with a vision that can take a simple bike and expand to make it their "my favorite bike". :roll:

my thought with it was appeal
something about vintage paint design makes them stand way out above the standard single color bike
atleast its made a difference on what i sell thats been repainted

Back