RRBBO13 Ratillac.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, i like: any, & every thing..
Cadillac.:cool:
Everything...?
00-01_Cadillac_Catera.jpg

Everything...?
1980-1989-cadillac-4.jpg

Everything...?
this-srx-is-rivaling-for-the-ugliest-cadillac-in-us-photo-gallery-91860_1.jpg

:grin:

I don't know about GM, but I always connected Cadillac with luxury and Opel was never really a luxury vehicle over here in Europe. Would You choose Opel over Mercedes? Could You sincerely claim You like the interior of the Omega over that of a Mercedes? What about the body?
The Omega is maybe not a bad car on its own, but we all know the reason for rebadging a product is to save costs. So they sold the people an inferior product for the price of a Cadillac. Opel is hugely popular in Europe for the Vectras, Astras, and in the last decade Insignias and such (a huge leap in quality and design, probably thanks to GM), but rebadging seems to me like a fraud. I don't think that stamping for example a Lincoln badge on a tuned Ford makes it a Lincoln.
Without the badge and the ornaments would anyone ever mistake the Omega for a Cadillac? I don't think so. Even the unpopular Seville could be recognized as a Cadillac just by looking at its silhouette.

We are derailing, toro...that was the point of my post/joke. KJV posted he likes everything Cadillac...so I posted a Cadillac badged Opel, a Cadillac badged Cavalier (which literally, makes the Opel look like a Cadillac :bigsmile:), and Barney the Purple Cadillac. All three are horrible terrible mistakes that would better be forgotten...though I think that Barney is burned into my mind for good now o_O.

Jason

My friend Carrie informed me today that she'll be closing shop at the end of the month.
Obviously I'm saddened by this, specially since I don't know if I'll be home before then.

Since I don't know what all parts I have, versus what I might need to order; I'm hoping for the best.

For you in central Ohio, this is a good time to get to Lancaster.
Lancaster Bicycle is selling everything 30% off.

Stopped by today.:cool2:
20180614_170646.jpg

In the past 22 days, I've paced down a mountain road next to an elk in the smokies. Saw a bear in the outer banks, had dinner with a raccoon in Carolina beach, and saw a living armadillo outside Savannah.

I've seen some of the most beautiful scenery the Western U.S. has to offer, and went for some strenuous hikes.

But I also met up with some good people from here, and had great conversations and bike rides.
Next time we'll meet more.

Now I'm almost home, and can't wait to get back to work on Ratillac.

In the past 22 days, I've paced down a mountain road next to an elk in the smokies. Saw a bear in the outer banks, had dinner with a raccoon in Carolina beach, and saw a living armadillo outside Savannah.

I've seen some of the most beautiful scenery the Western U.S. has to offer, and went for some strenuous hikes.

But I also met up with some good people from here, and had great conversations and bike rides.
Next time we'll meet more.

Now I'm almost home, and can't wait to get back to work on Ratillac.

All I can say is that trip should win the "cooler than dangit!" award!!!

Some kind of Midieval good luck charm?
Lol, good guess.
I thought it might fit Apocalypse Knight well.

Gremiln bells are hung under motorcycles to scare away gremlins, so you have no issues with breaking down or your bike falling over while parked.

I think they came to be during the disastrous AMF Harley Davidson days, they didn't help those bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back