Rat Rod from very, very south

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys

i'm from argentina -south america-

this is my bike

such a nice ride!

i recently modified it -bmx handlebar, grips, brake lever and stem- so i decided to post it

i'm very proud 'cause i tightened each nut of the bike by myself, laced the wheels and even designed the stickers! :D

i built it from bmx, mtb and cruiser parts, some used, some new, some nos

please feel free to comment

saludos a todos!

ratrod1.jpg

ratrod2.jpg

ratrod3.jpg

ratrod4.jpg

ratrod5.jpg

that turned out sweet! what kind of frame, cuz the curved frame by the rear dropous scream mongoose, but that can't be right. diggin the color scheme, that chainring and the tires. awesome!

nice ride(btw that avatar brings back jr. high memories......im guessing bmx plus is still around :wink: )
you might want to pop into the intros area and create one for yourself
welcome aboard

roadmaster said:
that turned out sweet! what kind of frame, cuz the curved frame by the rear dropous scream mongoose, but that can't be right. diggin the color scheme, that chainring and the tires. awesome!

thanks!

i couldn't find out the origin of the frame :(

i found it this one on argentinian ebay and came with an ugly sticker that says "San Fer", and i suppose that it means the name of a bike shop in San Fernando... :roll:

a frame builder welded the cable guides and told me that become from brasil in the 90's, but they were made in taiwan -it had a serial number on one dropout-, someone imported a few and some bike shops bought them and just built them with stock parts

wich mongoose -name/year-? -to google it :D -

check below the reply to aka_locojoe to see the before -crappy- pic

aka_locojoe said:
Very nice. Cool frame. Have any before pictures?

thanks, i only see a couple like this one around here :shock:

sorry, but i took the pic from the ad, i paid $76 for the bike!!!

playeraalusanfer.jpg

i only kept the frame, then i bought a used crappy one and built it with all the parts and sold it... and i bought another whole bike just for the fork! :lol:

i really enjoyed this project

sensor said:
nice ride(btw that avatar brings back jr. high memories......im guessing bmx plus is still around :wink: )
you might want to pop into the intros area and create one for yourself
welcome aboard

thanks, i felt pretty welcome here

and radical rick rules!!!

yes: bmx plus! magazine brings me back a lot of great memories :D

i'll try to do and intro -i'm not very good in english :oops: -

Latest posts

Back