rat racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my rat racer. my brother has posted some pics of this bike before, but i've done a lot of work since then. i'm not sure what kind, model, or year the frame is, i just like cutting it up. i put a slick on the back that is actually a tire from a horse racing buggy. cut the seatpost off and fabricated my own seat out of aluminum. put a skinny tire on the front for that drag bike look and some low short bars. like any project it'll never be finished. made panel out of sheet metal to fill in between top bars. next step is some cool lettering.
[
redtruck008.jpg
img]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/willyschad/redtruck005.jpg[/img]

Nice job! Clean and simple. I like the skinny tire up front. A (contrasting) # plate on it would look nice.

i made a couple of seat patterns out of paper until i found a shape i was happy with. then i traced the pattern onto 1/8 inch aluminum and cut out with a jigsaw. bent the front of the seat with a handheld break to get it to fit around the top post. to get the curve up in the back i bent the seat around a 4" piece of exhaust tubing. i drilled and tapped a 1/4" hole in the top tube to mount the front of the seat and welded a piece of 3/8" roundbar between the bottom of the seat and the rear frame of the bike.

Snap a picture with the willys in the background, they kinda belong together.

Cool bike. neat setup on the seat. We were just talking about those horse buggy tires. Looks great on a bike and like and old General tire that i just threw out (cracked).

That bike is sweet! I love the seat, I've got some AL diamond plate colletting dust that you've givin' purpose to. That 26" slick is cool and stirs everyone, so can you tell what brand it is.

Back