Rat Krate (new pics 7/23)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i've had this frame laying around that i started a while ago. wasn't sure what i wanted to do with it. Didn't want a typical lowrider. than hooch was parting out his BFK and got an idea.(oh by the way Thanks HOOCH) It's not done yet but wanted to share. It should be completed at some point this weekend. Anyway here she is the Schwinn "Rat Krate"

ratkrate.jpg

ratchainguard.jpg

family.jpg

Re: Rat Krate

Did you "paint" that guard by hand?.......If you did, Wow!.....If you didn't, Wow!...So did ya?

Nice job on the chaingaurd ,decal or not.

As for the frame, good idea but is it really flexible?

i did re-inforce it with a piece of angle iron that goes from seat post to head tube but honestly don't think it was needed. I built another one for someone a few years ago and just used a slightly heavier metal on the tank section with no problems. Never cracked that i know of anyway.

well finally got time tonight to kinda finish up the "rat krate" I gotta pick up some peddles for it tomorrow and i forgot to put on the rear fender but for the most parts it's done. I had alot of fun on this it's been a while since i got to build a kustom. Well she get cleaned up (to get my greasy finger prints off everything) and goes up on CL tomorrow and i'll see what i can get out of her.

DSCN0873.jpg

DSCN0877.jpg

DSCN0878.jpg

DSCN0876.jpg

DSCN0875.jpg

Back