Rat Found at Indy Swap Meet!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bought this huffy at the indy swap meet last week. it was covered in house paint so i used the old oven cleaner trick and uncovered the original red on the fenders and carrier. i flat blacked the frame, cleaned the truss rods, and the head tag. i threw on a set of the kenda flame tires on a off brand of wheels i had laying around. i still need to put on pedals, i put the ones off of the bike in my carb cleaner can to get off the paint and it pretty much melted the blocks! learned a lesson there! the bike rides very good. it is probably one of my favorites with the old and the new. should have taken a before pic. hey rusty513, if your out there, would you reply with a pic of this if you still have it? it was nice to meet you too. hope to catch your ride in the spring in cincy! may even bring this one!
100_4294.jpg

100_4295.jpg

100_4296.jpg

thanks guys! there are a few little things i still want to do. i need to find a light or fender ornament to fill the holes on the front fender and i uncovered some old pinstriping on the fenders i want to go over, not sure if they are original to the bike or if someone striped it later on, definatley old school! maybe catch you next time maddogrider!

i have an old chevy hood ornament in mind at my friends antique store. i am just not sure if it will dwarf the fender too much.

thanks for posting the pic! i will do my best to make your ride. do you have any suggetions on how i could get one going around here? i would love to do it, not sure if it would go over in my town.

Thanks. You know i am not sure what the red bike is. it is a 26inch womans's rear drop out. very cool looking, it has an awesome chain guard on it. not sure if i am going to part it or refinish it to resell. i think maybe it is a colson. might post some pics and see if someone out there knows.

Back