rat bike "burgundy beast"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i started spring break this week and i had a few bikes laying around, one was an older marquis mountain bike (i think) and the other a chopper bike that was bought at walmart a few years back and i thought why not
tumblr_mkvenzs7al1snb29vo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkvenzs7al1snb29vo2_1280.jpg

cut the frame in the back to fit with the 3- speed rear tire, changed the forks to the ones off of the marquis bike, built a one off shifter for the 3-speed, put on a set of handlebars off of a motorized roadmaster parts bike, and a different seat...im not sure what it is but i like it
to come in the future
-plan on painting the frame burgundy
-new tires?
-artwork
-cleaning all the chrome :D

so i did some work today...well alot of work
started by taking everything back apart after test fitting everything
tumblr_mkvenzs7al1snb29vo3_250.jpg

starting to strip the paint
tumblr_mkvenzs7al1snb29vo4_250.jpg

then from this point on i forgot to take pictures of the sanding, primer, more sanding, 3 coats of paint, and 5 coats of clear (all walmart paint, plastikote)
tumblr_mkvenzs7al1snb29vo5_1280.jpg

up next is taking and cleaning it up more, spraying the rest of the parts such as the forks and fenders, then letting that all dry and see how it all gos together again (hopefully no leftover screws) :lol: excuse the last pic....i used my flip phone

did alot of work today, and got the bike pretty close to finished
tumblr_mkx76j2HVX1snb29vo3_250.jpg

got it rolling
tumblr_mkx76j2HVX1snb29vo1_500.jpg

ran the lines, finished relocating rear brakes and put on shifter, went for a ride
tumblr_mkx76j2HVX1snb29vo2_1280.jpg

still to do
-re wrap the seat
-tires
-finish cleaning the shifter
-adjust breaks
-cruise
-grips

sorry for bringing back a slightly old topic, my internet was off and i havent been able to get on realy much to uplode, i figured id update it in case anyone actualy was interested :D
tumblr_mo7l7ejtiL1snb29vo2_1280.jpg
new shifter made of round tubing with a skull stuffed on the top
tumblr_mo7l7ejtiL1snb29vo3_1280.jpg
rebuilt the mechanism that shifts the pin in and out pof the rear hub, and bought a new hub at the goodguys swap meet to replace the old one that locked up
tumblr_mo7l7ejtiL1snb29vo7_1280.jpg
after riding around the swap meet i noticed that it was hard at steering and got home took it apart and looked in it, the bearings were junk, so i replaced most parts in the front end including a new pair of forks to replace the old warped ones
tumblr_mo7l7ejtiL1snb29vo9_1280.jpg
layed down some new paint on top of the burgundy to ad character, the colors are hotrod white, universal black, and silver stripes
tumblr_mo7l7ejtiL1snb29vo4_1280.jpg
got a new fender from the swap meet
and some pictures from the show
tumblr_mo7l7ejtiL1snb29vo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo7l7ejtiL1snb29vo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mo7l7ejtiL1snb29vo5_1280.jpg
i made a pretty good spot saver while i took our coupe to get judged, got back and my uncle told me that it drew more attention then the cars sometimes hahaha :lol:
whats left to do?
-rear fender
-going to mount a small motor and custom transmission with drum breaks running on the rear wheel
-more pin striping
-new valve stem caps.........the stole them off the bike at the show when we were not looking....
-making the new chrome shiny to! :D :D 8)

hitin the bike again, added a fender to the rear, new chain shifter, and some custom made forks mad from two sets of older mountain bike forks and a seat spring
1377164_655222684497868_858290683_n.jpg

before
1381622_655222687831201_781548499_n.jpg

since the clear coat i put on previously messed up the paint i plan on stripping it all down one last time, cleaning and finishing welds, and painting it black and burgundy with aluminum accents 8)

Back