RACE INC - ALL CLEANED UP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Picked this one up yesterday. :eek:

raceinc001_1600.jpg

raceinc002_1600.jpg

Wait one gosh darn minute, I think I have one of these hanging in my garage :39:.

Here it is, its in much worse shape then yours. The story behind it is: it was my cousins bike in the early 80s he worked in a BMX shop as a teen, they said he custom built it while working at the bike shop. Sady he passed away as a kid, before he passed it got stolen that's why it in such sorry condition, it got spray painted and had parts taken off form the person that stole it :(. Never really gave much thought about this bike until I looked at yours.
20170309_173756.jpg

20170309_173619_Burst01.jpg

20170309_173627.jpg

Sady its been repaired once before.
20170309_173639.jpg

20170309_173747.jpg

Some team Schwinn parts.
20170309_173735.jpg

20170309_173712.jpg

20170309_173707.jpg

Bulleyes hubs.
20170309_173722.jpg

Shot gun II seat. @Rat Rod

Yeah, that's an awesome wall hanger...also sorry to hear about your cousin.

Pretty cool that he picked out Bullseye hubs. Looks like the same Tange fork as mine too.

Just noticed the multi-colored spokes too.

I see blue inside the BB so I wonder how hard it would be to remove the spray paint?

Yeah, that's an awesome wall hanger...also sorry to hear about your cousin.

Pretty cool that he picked out Bullseye hubs. Looks like the same Tange fork as mine too.

Just noticed the multi-colored spokes too.

I see blue inside the BB so I wonder how hard it would be to remove the spray paint?

Its actually bare aluminum, it was spray painted black someone not me took it off and in the process killed the anodizing. Do you think its worth fixing? You could make it really cool with pork chop bmx at you finger tips. The frame is what I'm wondering about, it has been repaired but do you think a aluminum welder can clean it up a bit.

Any Race Inc. frame (aluminum, chromoly ones aren't quite as desirable, yet) that is intact is worth a fair chunk of change. I would consider this ebay one to be roughly equivalent condition...and I'm pretty sure it will sell. Search to see what complete restored or survivor ones have for prices o_O, and you'll understand why they are all salvageable :bigsmile:.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-alumin...794257?hash=item5443166611:g:I-AAAOSwjDZYd~c0

Jason

Its actually bare aluminum, it was spray painted black someone not me took it off and in the process killed the anodizing. Do you think its worth fixing? You could make it really cool with pork chop bmx at you finger tips. The frame is what I'm wondering about, it has been repaired but do you think a aluminum welder can clean it up a bit.

@Scribble I don't even think I'd worry about the repair. If it were me I'd just clean it up real good and display it as is. It's just really cool as is! [emoji4]

Yep thats a keeper !!

Latest posts

Back