project bordtrack..maybe?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so heres the next to go under the knife. Its an Elgin. the first skip tooth Ive owned realy. not to sure what i want to do to it yet but I do have a bord track in mind. I dont realy want to cut this one up. Im working on putting together a seat right now and keeping my eyes open for kool looking springer forks..... might just end up making um. Anyway, big fat tires, some home made drop bars, and fab up a tank and i thik its gonna look prity neat. any ideas are welcome!
3monson0911.jpg

DONT PAINT IT!! just clean up the existing paint and clearcoat it! and for forks, i think those forks would work, if they werent so bent. oh and i think you should keep it a skiptooth. i bought my first skiptooth a little while ago too. im rebuilding the wheels, and are going to repaint them(acutally, paint, they were all rust.)

deffentaly keeping it a skip tooth! think im going to find an old beehive springer off of a marnark or somthing like that for it.

0408090114.jpg

there it is..... in the kitchen
0408091842.jpg

needed to do something about thoes bent forks...... it took a hammer but thay fit....
0410091545.jpg

some little bars and a head light
0412091801.jpg

0412091801a.jpg
0412091755.jpg

and finaly the first ride.....but still unfinished so more to come!

i think you should change those forks, they're too fat and distracting. maybe if they didnt have the extra pipe at the top and if they were a lot less beefy, they'd be ok.

Try lowering the forks so the front tire is about an inch away from the triple tree section. The cut the extra tube off.

yeah the forks are still a bit of a toss up. i have a fue diffrent sets im still playing with. the bike is in my living room so ive been looking at it alot.... still thinking it needs some kind of springer. ill keep posting pics as i experiment with it. thanks for the input guys! -justin-

Back