Project: Airplane Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for a colorflow for this project, but decided they were way too expensive. So I found this on the bay instead. It has a tank, and simillar skirts to the colorflow, making it close enough for me. It will be repainted (small silver flake and navy), get some new Felt tires, an art deco hood ornament or two (the big heavy ones), and lit up like a Christmas tree with about 20 LEDs.

I've decided to do this as a project rather than a build off bike simply because I don't have the time to get this done before the build off is over.

Now to the pictures:

DSCN0404.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

You didn't happen to buy this from someone in Illinois? I ask only because I saw a guy buying a bike that looked exactly like this at a swap meet I was at. It's really cool looking.

brandonehansen said:
You didn't happen to buy this from someone in Illinois? I ask only because I saw a guy buying a bike that looked exactly like this at a swap meet I was at. It's really cool looking.

Nope, Sierbet (sp?) Colorado. It's one of the many small towns on the western edge of the Midwest. About 2 1/2 hours East of I-25 if you know where that is.

I've got a little more than half (13/24) of the LEDs wired up. The bike is more or less disasembled and now I've sanding, cleaning chrome, repacking bearings, blah, blah, blah. I just don't have much time, and my workshop is my dorm room, and just outside the dorm's back door.

LEDs in a less than fully lit room (but not dark)
LEDdark.jpg

LEDs in a fully lit room
LEDlight.jpg

Back