Pre-War Schwinn New World (Goodrich badge?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This bike caused a landslide of activity on CL. Madison is crazy for the track stuff. The seller had listed his phone number. And it was first come, first serve. I was lucky enough to beat the pack to his door.

It looks to be a pre-war New World possibly the Racer model from the late 30's with a B. F. Goodrich badge and a ton of mismatched parts. Chain wheel is wrong. Grips a nice Spaceliners. Yes, really! Seat is New World. Rims are Sears 26 x 1-3/8. Front and rear New Departure coaster set.

From what I read on-line, it is a brazed track bike supposedly with Paramount geometry. I compared it to a 60's Racer, and didn't notice much difference. It seems quite a bit lighter than the Racer frame. It feels a little quicker in a turn, like it has a slightly shorter wheelbase or more upright seat post.

It will probably be heading in the direction of a late 30's New World Racer with a skip tooth drivetrain.

20to5qq.jpg

2ef55zr.jpg

359zvyo.jpg

scx95l.jpg

the brazing looks similar to the Schwinn made BFG road bike I have, but mine originally had 26x1-3/8" wheels, or so I was told. Wish mine had the horizontal dropouts.

3966220097_f65f28e2d4_b.jpg

3966218773_8978e96934_b.jpg

3966213337_eed833a8e3_b.jpg

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
the brazing looks similar to the Schwinn made BFG road bike I have, but mine originally had 26x1-3/8" wheels, or so I was told. Wish mine had the horizontal dropouts.

3966213337_eed833a8e3_b.jpg

I am considering a similar build. Aged semi-gloss black over red primer with Deluxe Racer decals. Strike the Deep V's, however. Too new looking. I have something a bit more vintage and organic in mind.

hey slacker i think your hubs and crank and all that might be original, as they look pretty old, and you do have a dog-leg crank. :wink: cant wait to see more on this bike!

Latest posts

Back