POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mastronaut said:
she seem to like that seat =D .... i seem to like her liking that seat too (O_O)

This was originally a standard, full chrome stretch cruiser from Firmstrong (normal beach cruiser seat and handlebars with chrome fenders as stock).

1. changed out the wheels to flecked glossy midnight blue
2. changed out the handlebars to 14" rise apehangers, set low.
3. changed out the seat to a Serfas XL exerciser...
4. removed and painted the bumpers with blue and gloss coats....
5. metallic silver paint gradient fades from the seatpost out to the chrome front and rear ends (weld joints were gathering rust so I had to do rust treatment and work out a paint scheme that covered the problems while leaving some chrome intact still)...

This was a fast build - I basically did everything in 12 hours (rushed the paint a little) - started Friday eve and was riding by Saturday afternoon...

The maiden voyage was a nice 30-mile cruise this last Saturday on Hollywood FL Broad Walk - lot's of bike love on the strip there - ooh's and ah's abundant...

1271774_10151581987028053_288109702_o.jpg

Now I get to focus on the muscle bike build-off and really try to stretch my legs a little on this next one....

LukeTheJoker said:
Love the cupholders on that one LowandStretched!

Luke.

Thanks Luke! One wasn't enough for long rides - I like to put the second beer in the freezer and get it almost frozen, for the 'reserve tank' on the way back home.... For 30 mile rides, 22 oz. versions are mandatory :)

Latest posts

Back