Pop.Cycle's kitchen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score. You got one of my favorite tools there, the RT-1, which folks in my circle refer to as the "flared whack-a-doodle, as in: "Hey, rob... I'm tearing this frame down.... can i borrow your flared whack-a-doodle?"

Lol Rob! Everyone knows the legend of the flared whack-a-doodle! :21:

It's funny bcuz when I originally contacted the guy, the first thing I asked was the RT-1, no kidding. I had to convince him to hold it for me, as I was 5 states away lol...then was the fork cutting guide. After that....was add ons.:rockout:

Fork-cutting guide is awesome; I use a few old headset top races for that.... but I ought to get the real deal....

I think i'm the only guy outside of bike shops that has a flared whack-a-doodle in the tri-county area. It is the sole source of what little popularity i have. :crazy:

20170506_144241.jpg
Don't want to give out on my Dyno thread till I get here but.... I needed that tool. I am cutting down a chopper fork to just clear this thing....

Fork-cutting guide is awesome; I use a few old headset top races for that.... but I ought to get the real deal....

I think i'm the only guy outside of bike shops that has a flared whack-a-doodle in the tri-county area. It is the sole source of what little popularity i have. :crazy:
Lol! :113:....mine tends to be the popularity with the local neighborhood kids! No worries tho, all good in the sake of a good neighborly influence. That's actually the reason I picked up the book...visual so those that want to learn, can. :showingbiceps:

20170514_130357.jpg

So I saw the same guy listed the remainder of his stuff. When I hit him up, he remembered mea and sold me everything for another $80. All Park except like three things including the T-handle hexs but it did have some older spanner style stuff. Also a box of remnant parts, and a butt load of new tubes.

The guy even thru in his textbooks. The state sent him to a 2 week all inclusive school to head the California State Capitol police bike fleet. He retired. I scored and made a friend.

I'm bumping this topic as I have a lot to add.

Been progressing my bike building ideas. I said @LukeTheJoker his handy work made me want a welder....well I got one. Been following him a and @deven_science from here as well as couple others on building.

Been amassing frames and loose parts to chop up and drawing up a frame jig idea.

Anyone with frame jig links or such post em for me please. Would love some ideas.

@deven_science if you have some free time hit me up. Would live to pick your brain and you are local here in the 916.

Pics coming, and ideas on paper. Winters almost over. Bring it on.....

@deven_science if you have some free time hit me up. Would live to pick your brain and you are local here in the 916.

No problem. Message me here, and we can always continue the conversation on the phone or even in person later.

I'm bumping this topic as I have a lot to add.

Been progressing my bike building ideas. I said @LukeTheJoker his handy work made me want a welder....well I got one. Been following him a and @deven_science from here as well as couple others on building.

Been amassing frames and loose parts to chop up and drawing up a frame jig idea.

Anyone with frame jig links or such post em for me please. Would love some ideas.

I built a jig a while back when I was pursuing small scale manufacturing, you reminded me to put it in it's own thread:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/perimeter-jig-design.106311/

You probably wont need the full perimeter frame, but just the solid base and the rear vertical should do unless you want to do multiples of the same design.

:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back