Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful job so far, Matt. Glad to see that you're still working on it. Your saddlebags are looking great! I still haven't begun on mine. You started after me, and you'll finish before me. I'll have to send you some pictures of my progress. I finally got it powdercoated and assembled.

-Andy

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Right now I am waiting on the saddlebags to be painted. I have waited a long time, so I can wait longer. You know how it is - paying work comes first.

Hello Everyone,
Finally we've had some days of warm weather. My parts hadn't been painted yet, so I painted them myself. I went to the hardware store and bought three brands of red paint. I found one that matched, and I prepared the parts.
Due to the unpredictability of spray cans (runs and overspray), all of the parts I painted required a wet sanding after the first round, before the final coat. I'm happy with the way they turned out. Of course, there was a bug that decided to take a swim in my wet paint :) Not a problem because a white stripe will go there. I will give them a waxing once I get the white on. Here are some photos:
Saddlebags2.jpg

SaddleBags.jpg

Top.jpg

Chainguard.jpg

Saddlebag3.jpg

I bought the flexible chrome online for the saddlebag grilles. I still need to make a pattern for the red plastic fin that is placed on the top bag.
I enjoy seeing everyone's projects on this site, it has made the winter go by quicker.
Matt

"I remember... the Alamo."

I just watched this movie again a couple days ago (for the umpteenth time) and it's so awesome! A lot of people have given praise on this replica so far- and I will too!! Great job! Not only on the exquisite detail and hard work you put into building this, but also for being dorkycool enough to even try! It really is impressive what you've done to build the X1.
I want to build the version he wins the Tour de France on in his dream at start of movie. Would be a little easier too.

So how loud is your horn?

The electronic lion has a speaker, and a couple of sirens. It is loud.
There are some local car shows I want to take it to - once finished. It's too heavy to put on the back of my car. I will need to get my hands on a van.

Thought I would post some photos of the saddle bag painting. Both are now painted and one has the proper embellishments. :D

Saddlebag2.jpg

Saddlebag1.jpg

Saddlebag3-1.jpg

OMG!!!.........right now I have 1 song stuck in my head..........."HAS ANYONE EVER TOLD YOU YOU'RE MY HERO.......".......This makes my 55 hour work week just slip away into a PeeWee daydream. This build honestly made my birthday month so much better. When you get it done, come on up to the Rose City Roundup car show (http://www.rosecityroundup.net) and I will make sure we comp you a hotel if you bring it!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

"exhibit B! Another photograph! What's missing from this picture? It's just me. Without my bike!"

Thanks 59punk and Happy Birthday! I think everyone here spends alot of time dreaming about their projects. I'm already thinking and gathering parts for my next project. It will be my first true rat build.

I am trying to get more pre 1980 bikes to our hot rod show, so seriously, if you can make it up to Portland, OR for our show, you will have a room as long as you bring the bike.

Thanks for the offer, but it's a little far, I'm in Virginia. For the chrome, I laid down chrome tape I got from a sign shop, then used flexible chrome from flexchrome.com.

Well, I never thought this day would come. On June 3, I finally finished her. The last thing I did, was add the Pee-Wee Herman gold plaque under the seat. This forum has kept me going. Thanks everyone! Here are some photos, sorry about the almost dead grass, it is really dry here:

RightDone.jpg

LeftDone.jpg

RightBag.jpg

Chainguard.jpg

RearDone.jpg

RearPlate.jpg

:shock: Amazing work man ! Props...

That is fauxcoon AWESOME Matt!! :shock: Wow! Well worth the wait...I hope you'll be riding it? Man, you are gonna turn some heads with that! Very cool! Great work! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back