Pedal Scraper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished a new pedal scraper, it started out as a dept. store cruiser that I got and decided to chop up. I have a set of Primo Tenderizers on it now in place of the plastic pedals.

100_4809.jpg

100_4810.jpg

100_4811.jpg

This is the only picture I have of it before I painted it and twisted the spokes. The wheels arn't that hard to build there just like regular wheels except that you twist the spoke around the third cross not just go over it.

100_4783.jpg

Nice piece!

bicycleguy said:
This is the only picture I have of it before I painted it and twisted the spokes. The wheels arn't that hard to build there just like regular wheels except that you twist the spoke around the third cross not just go over it.

Do you have to increase the spoke length? Is the tensioning or truing any different. Those wheels look very cool. If it that simple, it is worth a try.

On the front wheel I used the original spokes and they were long enough but on the rear I used spokes from another wheel that was laced 4 cross. I'm 15 years old and I can do it so I don't think it would be very challenging for someone who has built a few sets of wheels.

I sort of remember being told to add 1"n for every twist. but it was a long time ago when i built a twisted spoke wheel.. ther was wheel builder in San Diego, shop name was The Blacksmith, when i stopped by he was lacing up wheels for a clown bike with the hubs off set in the hoop to make the bike bounce, crazy. he would probably know, anyone in San Diego...
Walker

Buck Masterson said:
i woulder how it would look with multi colored spokes?
That would be cool, if anyone is going to try it, I request Red, White, and Black! :D
i might try to! i just need a guinea pig set of wheels and a whole lot of spokes!

hows the turning radius on that bike?
i've loved those twisted spokes since i first saw them on the yellow chopped fixie posted here a while back (black rims/spokes) great job, do ya think ya could do it with 144spoke rims? (kidding, how bout 78's?) :p :p :p)

Latest posts

Back