Past down from Family - 1937 Fleetwing & 1944 Goodrich

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My grandma and my great uncle are the original owners of these bikes, their parents (My Great Grandma and Great Grandpa) bought the bicycles for them when they were brand new. So now they are in our pole barn, and they will remain past down from generation to generation in our family.

1937 Fleetwing - It was my Great Uncle's bike. It was originally red in 1937 but a couple of years later in the early 1940's, he painted it a light blue color.

37fleetwing.jpg

1944 BF Goodrich - It was my Grandma's bicycle, 100% original.

44goodwrich.jpg

Both of the Rat Rods together...

fleetwingandgoodwrich.jpg

They both ride great. It's cool that they're 70 years old or getting there, and they're still on the road.

Awesome Bikes!! Thats so great that they came from your family and will stay in your family. Kept up those things will last 70 more years. Have fun with them, do you plan on doing anytthing to them?

Thanks for the great comments! I'm glad you guys like them. Yes it is very cool to have them in our family for 70 years. My dad and I are not going to do any modifications on these bikes. We're trying to keep them as original as they are. The paint variations and features on the frames are just too old and delicate for us to paint over them.

Here is a picture of the Fleet Wing logo....

fleetwinglogo.jpg

Awesome! I like keeping things original if you can do that. The two bikes I am building all have the original paint (except I'm restoring the wheels). I just cleaned them off and gave them a nice polish and they look great! The original patina is always the best. :mrgreen:

HEY I GOT THAT EXACT BIKE! Heres the picture of mine.
DSCF2346.jpg

ANY ONE GOT A FLEET WING BADGE?

Yeah my seat is like MINT! Can u get a pic of yours? are they original mine came with a simular looking set.

Schwinn,You are very lucky to have those two GEMS!

...and I couldnt bring myself to modify them either.

Yes,preserve them for future family generations to enjoy too...but uhhh...RIDE THEM!

Sure they LOOK great sitting there but thats only half the enjoyment.

Sure thing Rickster! I also love your bike, you can't beat a nice red fleetwing. If there are any more parts you want to see up close, just ask and I'll be more then happy to take some more pictures. :)

Thanks for all of the good comments. :D

MagicRat, I agree what you are saying. These are rat rods and don't have to be all pretty, they both ride great and we're planning to ride them more.

Here are some pictures of the original seat on the 1937 Fleetwing Bicycle.

FW1.jpg

FW2.jpg

FW3.jpg

FW8.jpg

Here are some pictures of the handle grips.

Left...

FW4.jpg

Right...

FW5.jpg

A Cool picture of the front of the bike.

FW9.jpg

Pedals.

FW7.jpg

This is why my dad and I are not going to restore it. Look closely at where it says "Fleet Wing". That's original paint from 1937. If I seen somebody paint over that I'd die lol.

FW6.jpg

NICE LOOKIN TOY !!!

the first time I ever saw one in person I couldnt believe how small it was, they look huge in the photos, but they still look every bit as mean in person.

Thanks for the pics! DUDE MY SEAT Is mint! i bet the seat and seat post are worth what i paid for the bike.. Lol i dint even notice the viper at first...

Yeah its original i got a pic somwhere i gotta find it..

Back