Parts pile bike v1.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly, heres my intro thread. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17721 You can find earlier pics of this bike there.

I just finished doing a "OCC stingray triple tree" retro-fit. I started by installing them as is, which was pretty easy cause the steerer tube was already 1 1/8", lucky! It had HORRIBLE geometry (which I had already figured), having the "fake-rake" built into the triple tree brackets mad it flop like a wet noodle... I found fidgiter's build thread; viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17279 which had a similar idea and had hoped his had solved the flop problem, he shortened his tubes, but it didn't help much I guess... SO extreme measures were taken to correct it. I cut and rewelded the triple tree clamps to eliminate the "fake-rake", and also shortened the the tubes by 6.5", I am quite happy with the results and it makes the bike rideable again, this mod has corrected the flop by about 95%+, which I believe is very good. It only took about 7hours total to accomplish this... :oops: but doing it once was important.

I wish the new seat was black... but you do what you can...

Heres the pics...
from this,

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

to this,

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

quite dramatic if you ask me.

Re: the never ending bike build ;)

Thanks Jen, hope you like what I did today...

put the fenders back on, and the chainguard... I also made a set of ape-hangers. Next step is to find a banana seat i think... 8)

Thanks for looking.

P1010197.jpg

P1010198.jpg

Re: the never ending bike build ;)

Yeah she's a fine lokokin bike would look really cool with the banana seat.

Back