PAPERBOY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
PAPERBOYCOVER_zps012b0ca5.jpg

CAUTION_zps3d3d51cf.jpg

One of my all-time favorite games! I worked in the business back in the 80's and that was one heavy machine to move around. It was a good money maker for a number of years!

Sure am DS.

I remember the arcade versions coming out and the handlebars were the coolest. Only matched in coolness by Gauntlet and the twist sticks on Ikari Warriors.

The way they recolored it on the NES box kind of left out the truss brace on the earlier art, the NES box is the one I'm shooting for :)

Parts assembled so far ....

PBSPT_zpsffa54816.jpg

Mid 80's Huffy frame / fork / seat post
Wald BMX bars
Skyway coaster mags w/ Duro knobby's
Rest is mainly from Porkchop BMX

Spent some time cleaning the wheels up today. Wheels are faded a bit, hit the front with some WD40 to darken it up. I've got a feeling the WD bath will look fine for the short term but a dye job would probably be best in the end.

IMG_2454_zps8784dae0.jpg

Hub guts cleaned up easy enough.

IMG_2453_zpse7cd10ab.jpg

More project pieces

IMG_2338_zpsf44ed611.jpg

Looks like you are thinking inside the box with those shoelaces. :D

Great idea !

I loved playing that game back in the day :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see it come to life :)

Spent some time cleaning the wheels up today. Wheels are faded a bit, hit the front with some WD40 to darken it up. I've got a feeling the WD bath will look fine for the short term but a dye job would probably be best in the end.

IMG_2454_zps8784dae0.jpg

Hub guts cleaned up easy enough.

IMG_2453_zpse7cd10ab.jpg

More project pieces

IMG_2338_zpsf44ed611.jpg

I ripped lots of those old Suntour coasters apart over the years... The internal retarder springs like to squeak and I found that giving them a shot of 30W before greasing everything up keeps them quiet and happy.

I greased it and threw it back together already, if it squeaks I will hit it with some oil instead ;) Thanks for the tip.

My other build--not the BO9 one-- is an old Schwinn Scrambler with Skyway Coaster Tuffs. This is an awesome concept for a build, though--- a video game tribute bike.

Latest posts

Back