Packard Girls Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this for FREE on craigslist a couple months ago with a snapped gooseneck and finally decided to do something with it. Replaced the stem and inflated the tires. got a new saddle so my girls butt wouldn't hurt so much and of course she wanted a basket on it..

couple questions though. I read someplace that Packards are basically re-badged schwinns. is that true? if so, is the serial number system the same and could tell me how old it is? Also, I really think a chain guard and rear rack would complete the look of this bike, anyone know if the mounting points match up?

It's a totally solid bike. Has a Morrow hub too. first bike i've owned with one and it seems bullet proof.

Thanks!
packard.jpg

I read someplace that Packards are basically re-badged schwinns. is that true?
There are some that were made by Schwinn, and also by Colson, and possibly others. The fork and sprocket on yours are not Schwinn looking, but not definately Colson either. I'll wait for evryone else's thoughts on that one! ~Adam

~Adam[/quote]
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
bike has a great look, basket is excellent.

Yeah! can you believe someone was going to throw that away?? This lady had it on her bike when she brought it in on her bike when she brought that in for a tune up and said she wanted it taken off. when she came to pick her bike up i handed her the basket and she said oh just throw it away.. score!

Rustinkerer said:
I read someplace that Packards are basically re-badged schwinns. is that true?
There are some that were made by Schwinn, and also by Colson, and possibly others. The fork and sprocket on yours are not Schwinn looking, but not definately Colson either. I'll wait for evryone else's thoughts on that one!

that's already more than what I knew.. thanks!

Dude seriously....I just love fenders. Those seem to go on....FOREVER. Cool bike.

That to me is true beauty........Love that true vintage wear.......Think about what she has been threw all these years....Really blows the mind.....Get surviver.....I agree it has awesome fenders.....Also I think it really cool your girls ride it.......They are smart girls......Usaual they want so called "pretty bikes".......Haha trust me I hear that all the time.......

rustyspokes21 said:
Usaual they want so called "pretty bikes".......Haha trust me I hear that all the time.......

Oh she has her "hello kitty" moments but she appreciates the rusty side of life too. It's just more real, ya know?

Rusty?? You want to see rusty??

108_0072.JPG

110_0156.JPG

This is what my wife rides. She doesn't really like the bikes too rusty.
100_7516.JPG

You have a nice looking bike. Very nice patina.

I may have a vintage rear rack that might work on your bike and also a child seat similar to the one on the above pictured bike (seat is all black), if you're interested.

The frame on that looks distinctyl COlson; the ladies Colson frames just had a set of curves that are pretty distinct. It reminds me a lot of a CWC, but the upper rear triangle seems flatter... the fenders have Colson style braces, I think, and also look to be Colson. What throws me off is the fork... it definitely does not look Colson.

Here's one I had that reminds me of yours...

o02emc.jpg

**EDIT: Looking at the two, your frame curves aren't quite the same...

bikesntrikes said:
Rusty?? You want to see rusty??

108_0072.JPG

This is AWESOME! Definitely the look I'm trying to go for with her bike. It really needs the tank, rack, and big swoopy chainguard to complete the look.

Unchained: Even though the lines aren't a perfect match, i think you're right. More and more stuff is pointing to it being a Colson rather than a schwinn. I actually like that because I dig the funky off brand bikes!

Latest posts

Back