OSB Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OSB Special is made from 1/4" osb plywood, oak boards from a tree my Dad cut down in his yard & had rough sawn to 1 1/4" thick, a Kent city crusier, a modified Schwinn OCC Stingray fork & 1/8" steel plate. The handle bars, headlight & tailight are from Choppers U.S.. I used the wheels, crank, head tube & seat from the crusier. Made patterns for the wood & cut it out with a jigsaw. I used the 1/8" plate to attach the head tube to the frame(sandwiched between the oak) & to back the oak on the hardtail. All the metal pcs. are powder coated in house w/ a home powder coat kit & homebulit oven. The seat is from the cruiser & recovered in house. The oak was planed to 7/8" thick, sandwiched on the osb then glue & dowled together. I then clear coated the frame w/ 4 coats of gloss spar urathane. It's a sweet riding bike & attracts a lot of attention.
osbspecial.jpg

osbspecial2.jpg

osbspecial3.jpg

GodHatesCleveland said:
That is amazing. How do you keep the crank assembly from slipping in the wood when you pedal?

I cant' tell from Scrapyard Don' pics, but no need to worry with a one piece crank. A 3 piece crank has it's issues though

The crank tube is glued in place.Then I added a couple of wood screws inside before installing the crank.

I really like your bike! Where are ya from? I know this really handsome husky feller that's from Michigan, his name is Chansew, Chanesay, Chantsuey, well something like that. He's very handsome! Do you know him? I think I've seen that bike in some of his Photos! :mrgreen:

Welcome, Don! I always love seeing all your projects!
Hey fellow RRBers, this is the kind of wheels our Great Lakes Freaks bikers show up on! Don's put some miles on this beauty! And it's just one of his very rideable creations!

Back