Opinions on a Bikes For Sale?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, that one was just being loaded when I called. This is starting to really disappoint me. :/

Well hopefully this new ad I found, a 60s black Schwinn Typhoon, will still be there when I call.

So there is a guy on CL interested in trading me his Firestone 500 for my 57' Columbia Torpedo. Good trade?
SAM_1027.jpg

Aluyasha said:
So there is a guy on CL interested in trading me his Firestone 500 for my 57' Columbia Torpedo. Good trade?

Well, you tell us... do you like it more? Sometimes people focus too much on some other persons concept of monetary value, instead of identifying and developing their own personal concept of desireability. :D

I always look at the pictures of the two bikes side by side and imagine the two bikes are for sale for the same price. Now which one would you buy? If you pick yours don't trade, if you pick the other trade. If you pick both buy the other and keep yours.

I think I am going to trade my 57' Torpedo for a 52' Columbia 3 speed. :)

So while I was looking for bikes to buy I went back to this local bike shop where they were selling a 60's Schwinn Corvette about 6 months ago, they were asking $175 for it and would not be talked down on the price.
Yesterday I went back to that shop and they still had the bike, still would not haggle on the price, but this time the bike is in worse condition. They have had it sitting outside this whole time and are slowly ruining the bike but still want $175! This bike shop sucks. :/

Latest posts

Back