Ok I did a good deed..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so over the weekend I bought a bike that turns out to be stolen. I really wanted to keep the bike but on the other hand if it was my bike I would want it returned to me. My conscience would not let me keep it. The bike belongs to a local hospital here. They have a program on our river trail that lets you rent bikes for free. You use your credit card and if the bike is not returned your credit card is charged. Any who I called the hospital, I told them the story and they were so happy to here that I had their bike. They came by my job today and picked it up. They even reimbursed my $20 + $10 for my trouble. Now i can sleep....

The whole story is found here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40026

Glad you did the right thing :wink: I can't believe people would steal from a hospital :|

Good call on returning the bike.. and yes I can believe some fool stole a bike from a hospital.. crooks don't care..

You made the right decision. Now you can spread the word around town that any pink Worksman bikes for sale are probably stolen. Worksman has a picture of all the pink bikes you are talking about locked up posted in their gallery pages

blackdiamond said:
and maybe, since you returned it they will think of you when the need a new fleet, and give you the old ones. :wink:

I was kind of thinking that now that you have an inside you should ask if they every upgrade or take any out of service and let them know you'd be interested.

Spokeshave said:
That's good Karma..

Yep and it will be rewarded 3-fold!

actually ,the good deed would have been;
take the bicycle from the dude who,
tried to sell it for $20.00 ;
:wink:
then,return to rightful owner.
the foul of "buying" the cycle :arrow:
sent "good deed" packing. :roll:

i would have dragged the dude
along for the fun of it.
:mrgreen: :wink: :!:

KJV said:
actually ,the good deed would have been;
take the bicycle from the dude who,
tried to sell it for $20.00 ;
:wink:
then,return to rightful owner.
the foul of "buying" the cycle :arrow:
sent "good deed" packing. :roll:

i would have dragged the dude
along for the fun of it.
:mrgreen: :wink: :!:

So you are saying I should of just taken the bike from the guy? Stealing from the stealer? Yea I'm pretty sure a BICYCLE is not worth getting in a fight over. Unless you were there, you don't know.

8) Good deed man.

People would steal from a Hospital but the other day I was watching a dumb criminals tv show and right on camera a guy stole a bike from a guy that just got hit by a car.

That would be awesome ask him to test ride it then ride to the hospital and give it back to them......Let said thief start something then. :wink:

Any way you look at it you won, you made a profit, helped someone get their bike back, and know to look out for this shady character next time.

Latest posts

Back