OH RATS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before and after of Buildoffusinteruptus...
upload_2016-5-26_21-43-53.png
My daughter is on her way home from studying abroad in Scotland and called me to say she needed her bike done by next Monday for her summer camp job.

Done, bring on the RATS!

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-26_21-42-26.png
    upload_2016-5-26_21-42-26.png
    622.5 KB · Views: 168
  • upload_2016-5-26_21-42-57.png
    upload_2016-5-26_21-42-57.png
    622.5 KB · Views: 161
Thanks Uncle Shish,

It's a complete restore repaint. The paint was pretty well gone and it isn't a valuable bike so I figured I'd do a complete restore. Pretty happy with it, I added a rear rack and reflectors today. I also put a set of the vinyl hub polishers on it. Looks like a new 1963 Columbia middle weight.

The camp she is working at is along Lake Erie and the traffic is horrible so the bike will be her main transportation.

I spend a week at kelleys island every year, the traffic on the main land is always crazy. A bike is usually the fastest way around.

quick update
Well I'm getting a little color on some parts.View attachment 23916
This is my first sorry attempt of pinstriping. It will do for me and my rats...
Thanks for looking,
Sludgeguy

I think the striping looks good, I especially like the lettering. Very good job. Nice color brownish red? What is the color? :thumbsup:
Franco

Thanks
It's a mocha brown (everything is better with coffee) paint over red primer.
I will be having ivory accents on the main frame and thought the combo had a classic kind of feel to it.

Latest posts

Back