Offset rear sprocket?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another questions for you all, I've trying to figure if the offset rear sprocket will work with my bike. Can any one give me the measurement of the total thickness of the sprocket?
I emailed Choppersus and they said it has an offset about a 1/2" more than a standard sprocket but couldn't give me a measurement because they didn't have one in stock. I also emailed Firebikes and Clasic-cycle but they haven't responded.
If the spocket is over a 1/2" I think it would be to much and then the chain would hit the frame.

Thanks

I don't see how the chain could hit the frame, but I do see how you might have to spread the frame to fit the axle with a 1/2 offset cog.

Here is a picture to show you what I mean.
IMG_0896.jpg

Take the snapring off and let the cog float, reinstall the wheel and you will be able to slide shims in to find out how much offset you can use. A U shaped piece of wire (use different dia. wire, but maybe start with some clothes hanger) gives you two 'legs' that will set behind the cog without fumbling. Some foam rubber stuffed in on the face side will hold it together enough to stand back and eyeball.

Latest posts

Back