Nirve Cannibal - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Feels strange putting this one in the Build section. But I did change the pedals, so it's "custom" now, I guess.

Someone sent me a photo of a Nirve Cannibal in response to my "Wanted OCC chopper for parts" ad on craigslist.

It was a nice surprise for an ad that usually is about rust bucket OCCs.

The price was right and a couple hours later, the Cannibal was mine.

I cleaned it up today, corrected the handlebar position, and replaced the pedals. My wife and I went for a lunch ride to see all of the green people invading Savannah. This bike rides great. I've riden a limo stretch chopper before and never liked the way it stretches out your legs, arms, and back. This bike really gives you a comfortable upright riding postion and your legs are much farther than the pedal forward Townies. Nice ride. I may swap out the seat though. It looks cool, but I don't have eyes on my butt. :p

Here is the photo the guy sent me.

0382.jpg

Office parking lot
WP_001237.jpg

After cleaning and tweaking.
WP_001238.jpg

WP_001245.jpg

Lunch ride with my wif'e's Dahon Classic (notice the green fountain water)
WP_001243.jpg

WP_001241.jpg

WP_001242.jpg

WP_001244.jpg

The paint on this is very cool. It's basically a clear coated bare metal frame. They basically did a light milky translucent metalic silver wash on the bare frame and then loaded up the clear coat. You see all of the weld joints and bare metal. Very hard to describe and I don't know how well it shows up in cell phone pics. Has anyone seen a Nirve painted this way before?
WP_001240.jpg

WP_001239.jpg

Re: Nirve Cannibal - Bought not Built

poverty with a view said:
Looks like a beautiful day to ride a bicycle

It was!!!!! 77, sunny, azaleas the size of buses in bloom, and green fountains!!!

I think I am about to head out for another ride.

It should be a great St Paddy's Day tomorrow!!

gcrank1 said:
Way kewl, K-Fish!
My butt might have eyes; maybe we can come to terms on that saddle?.....PM me?

Gcrank, I will let you know if I decide to part with it. I noticed the seat had too much rake to it, so I adjusted it for my second ride. It wasn't so bad. I think what I really need is to swap out the seatpost for a slightly longer one. I may also chage out the bars at some point. Maybe some baby apes or others.

josh_from_ga said:
i like the bike! have fun tomorrow! i gotta work... :cry:

Sorry you gotta work Josh. I plan to ride part of the parade route early in the morning before it starts. Probably take Fugsley for that ride.

I have said it many times before, but you just never know what you are going to see in Savannah.

Today I watched a bride and groom arrive at the Forsythe Park fountain with their informal wedding party and tie the knot in front of the green fountain. This isn't that unusual, but usuallly it is a big affair. They just kinda randomly rode up and got hitched.

Then while riding my Cannibal, I came across the ceremony for the Hibernian Society's start of the St. Patrick's Day celebration.
WP_001249.jpg

While watching this and sitting on my cool Bought not Built chopper, this guy came riding by on a very well Built not Bought chopper. I just had to catch up with him and give him total props for a sweet ride. Just look at his smile in the second photo!!!!!
WP_001252.jpg

WP_001251.jpg

Here is a photo of the Cannibal in front of one of the smaller Azaleas in Forsyth Park
If you guys haven't used one before, you should get a TwoFish water bottle cage. I easily straps on to any size tube with a velcro strap. This is great for swapping between different bikes.
WP_001247.jpg

Later I switched out bikes for Fugley, so go to that thread for more Savannah photos.

Awesome bike, love that frame. I just couldn't get used to riding with my feet so far forward on the Micargi Puma custom bike I did so I sold it, I've really been gettin back into 26" bmx builds again here lately. Congrats on the new ride.

KJV said:
cool ride, dude. :)
looks giant next to the Dahon. :mrgreen:

Everything looks giant next to the Dahon. Even a monster modified Dahon.

WP_000774.jpg

Re: Nirve Cannibal - 3/17 St Pat's Fun

During the parade I rode around on the Cannibal a good bit catching some of the better bands more than once as well as the Budweiser Clydesdales a few times. Now that I adjusted the seat more, it rode very well. Also now that I am used to the steering, I had no problems weaving between drunks, tourist, vendor carts, and cops. It was so cool to ride a bike with gears again for a change. I popped it up to decent speed more than a few times, and it stopped well too. LOVING THIS BIKE!!!!!!

I didn't take many photos. But here is one with the crowd watching the Coast Guard go by.
WP_001277.jpg

And here is one in front of my buddy's pizza joint.
WP_001280.jpg

And finally a disturbing one of a dude in a lycra suit. AND NOOOOOOO, THAT AIN"T ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WP_001283.jpg

Re: Nirve Cannibal - 3/17 Saint Pat's Fun

brett4christ said:
^^^^New Avatar? :lol:

Someone else can use it, but it's just a bit too freaky for me.

YO B!! IF YOU GET ONE MORE BIKE THAT I REALLY WANT, I'M COMING DOWN THERE!! SHEESH!! YOU LUCKY BUM! LOL MAY YA BEER BE COLD AND THE WIND AT YER BACK. PEACE

Come on down and bring Retro-Rat-O!!

Re: Nirve Cannibal - 3/30 Hangin with my peeps

Went for a ride on my Cannibal tonight and could not pass up this photo op.
Maybe after I win the lottery tonight, I will buy a ratted out hawg.

WP_001363.jpg

WP_001364.jpg

Re: Nirve Cannibal - 3/30 Hangin with my peeps

Had a fun ride with my Cannibal. Hot, but beautiful day.

temporary-1.jpg

temporary.jpg

Latest posts

Back