New York City Rats! Update March 4th!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo expo on the crudy and beautiful bikes chained up around NYC.

fun with yellow bags
P1010528.jpg

dude what happened to my bike
P1010559.jpg

Murray with cool lights
P1010521.jpg

more fun with bags, the plastic bag handwarmer
P1010537.jpg

P1010539.jpg

Did someone really steal the derailleur off this gem?
P1010558-1.jpg

P1010532.jpg

Very good lets just keep walking like nothing happened
P1010531.jpg

stay tuned....

Re: New York City Rats!

Pretty neat! I remember visiting Coney Island back in the 80s, and what stands out in my mind were all the delivery bikes that looked to be ancient! -Adam

the pic with the black schwinn and the two girls huggin behind it, does that have another seat on the top tube? and that lock is HUGE :lol:. is that a GIANT D-lock? i like the chainguard on your Presidente. ive never seen that style. way cool!

I think you are seeing part of the 20" bike that's chained up beside it. Look close at the wheels you'll see a 20" tire.

Looking at all the bikes in Manhattan is always fun especially when you give a little thought to the bike's history...who's is it? why is it locked up for months at a time? a frame locked to a tree? bent wheels? missing parts?...the list is endless.

Keep the pics coming!

As i live in Amsterdam,
these scenes are really familiar to me :)
They even named it the"orphanbicycleproblem" :lol:
who's is it? why is it locked up for months at a time? a frame locked to a tree? bent wheels? missing parts?
yes :shock: why?

Chinatown has some of the more interesting bikes
delivery trike
P1010568.jpg

it's locked up with an inner tube
P1010569.jpg

supreme delux electric bike with interior plastic chain guard
P1010570.jpg

Guy making a deposit at Abacus Savings Bank
P1010567.jpg

A Hercules
P1010575.jpg

This is how not to lock your bike
P1010576.jpg

um, hmm
P1010577-1.jpg

P1010580.jpg

This Columbia breaks my heart, and I really want that light, but not an easy place to steal it, there was actually a detective checking me out when I took these pics
P1010579.jpg

A trike collection
P1010582.jpg

P1010581.jpg

P1010583.jpg

P1010585.jpg

Re: New York City Rats! Daily Update Jan 30

Here is the most uncomfortable looking hairpin saddle I've seen. Yes that's a Cushman 3 wheel behind it, it's not just for traffic cops anymore. Hipsters have taken to the Cushmans too.
P1010594.jpg

Poor Columbia Rambler, you haven't moved since last August. Your owner doesn't love you, soon you'll be victim to the streets. Would it be too much to ask for people to lock at least one wheel?
P1010596.jpg

i so wanna try out that hairpin saddle. and that face on the back of the cushman is pretty cool :lol: .

so are these bikes that you have seen locked up for a long time? the trikes are great that would make a really neat nice photo. you should think about taking some really nice photos and get a gallery to do a feature with them "the rats of new york"

I apologize for the poor quality of the photos, I'll try to get a better camera. Hope the endless stream of 60's mid weight cruisers isn't getting boring. Wait you guys wanna see some ladies Ralieghs... just kidding. Most of the bikes in the photos have been abandoned or forgotten, but when the weather warms up you'll start seeing more "living" bicycle around.

Bettleguise said:
I apologize for the poor quality of the photos, I'll try to get a better camera. Hope the endless stream of 60's mid weight cruisers isn't getting boring. Wait you guys wanna see some ladies Ralieghs... just kidding. Most of the bikes in the photos have been abandoned or forgotten, but when the weather warms up you'll start seeing more "living" bicycle around.

Yeah give them time. I ride year round, cruiser or custom. Have any of you guys tried pushing a schwinn jaguar with heavy duty rims and heavy front light through a windy winter? Talk about pulling teeth, i wanted to get off and walk cause i was barely going anywhere.

Latest posts

Back