New project (sort of)...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the bike I was going to build in RRBBO2. I finally have some time and some parts to get going on it. It's a Murray Monterey I got from Coach J (my MidMo connections).
BBO2.jpg

Jeremy also sent me the fenders from his JC Higgins build. They are ginormous. I put the 24" rims from my WallyWorld special on it with some 24x3 Kenda Flames. Any wider tires wouldn't have fit between the stays.
IMG_5727.jpg

I was kinda surprised at the amount of room I still have. I have a pair of Nirve triple tree forks and wide bars that would look sweet, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to mount a fender in the forks. I like the full wrap fenders. Whaddya think, regular forks or triple tree's?
IMG_5728.jpg

I was going to paint it HOK creamcyle orange with cream accents, but now I'm not sure. I'm not too interested in painting the rims cream like I was originally because the spokes are black and the rim is red. I still want to do the accents like they are on the fenders now.
IMG_5729.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

Any ideas on color? I was thinking red oxide primer with cream accents. Anything that would go with the red rims.

jeff

i think red oxide primer would look awesome, what about and an off-white color with dark grey accents?

red and cream sound like a good color combo too.

my roommate had a murray monterey, he was so sick with the bike he through it in the garbage, when he told me about it i scrambled to grab it, but the garbage man already came......later on he regretted it :p

Back