New material

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well, I drove back to the guys place that had the bikes & parts that my wife said it was ok to buy. Unfortunately, I didn't see the value in buying all of it for his asking price. I tried to buy some of the parts but he wouldn't sell any because he said he uses them to fix other bikes. He would however sell some bikes so I picked up 3 of them and I might go back for a few others later...

Here's what I picked up. I am not sure what I am going to do with them, maybe sell or trade and look for something different to work on...

60's Hawthorn...

OkqTUd7.jpg

Pre war? girls 24" Huffy...

njDinbi.jpg

W4OW7EF.jpg

Pre war? girls 24" Roadmaster....

jRoqt9T.jpg

Cool 50's? Troxel seat on the Roadmaster.

3mNqkR1.jpg

Last edited:
Well I was out looking at them today and I realized that the Roadmaster is a 24" not a 26". Is there any interest in 24" bikes?

The reason I ask is that the "antique" dealer by me has one VERY similar and I wanted to get a guess before I went in to make him an offer...

I am not really sure of the value. I thought I might try to get it fixed up and ridable and see if I can get around $100 to $135. I am not really sure if that's an inflated price or if it's too low but I think it's a pretty decent bike under all of the dust & dirt. If anyone else has any suggestions or comments please, by all means let me know....

After doing a little research I realized I was a little high on my value estimate. I've change that though...

Last edited:
Can anyone ID the date of manufacture of these two bikes?

Roadmaster... Looks like it's a Cleveland Welding frame.

6fyZ7Xv.jpg

Huffy.....

ZmIq5Mh.jpg

Latest posts

Back