New life for a Stingray/Scrambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a bike I finished up for my oldest daughter last summer but didn't get around to posting the build till now. It started it's life as a Scrambler. I got it out of a neighbor's yard when I was a kid and it was hand painted to look like a tiger... wish i had pictures :lol: it was really ugly! I spent hours with a wire wheel taking off the paint and rode it paintless for a summer:

about 15-20 years ago: (obviously didn't know what bent forks were back then :? )
scan30.jpg

then I painted it this weird purple/gray... not sure why haha

about 15-20 years ago
scan31.jpg

then it sat for years. until I thought it would be perfect for a redo... especially since there wasn't many original parts on it anymore wouldn't mean i was destroying anything or messing with originality. My daughter rode it a ton of times and kept saying how much she liked it but how ugly the color was. So told her to pick out a color and I would to the rest :lol:

It's coming along nicely. Question, were the original forks Ashtabulas? Bent or not, they're worth some $$$. Worth finding them and getting them straightened.

Just sayin'...... :roll:
Keep going!

Cheers,
Dr. T

:lol: World's fastest bike builder! Just posting the build... I finished it last summer.

For the paint I did white primer then Rust-Oleum Satin Aqua then a couple coats of clear... all Rust-Oleum brand. I try use the same brand throughout the process when I paint things to try to stay away from weird paint reactions.

img.jpg

Latest posts

Back