New Guy From Alabama

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New guy from Alabama just getting into bikes. I've always liked them but never would buy any. I got a '61 mens Hawthorne and a '51 womans Rocket I bought off a guy for my wife and I to ride and just enjoy idling around and after riding mine for just a few minutes I was instantly hooked and wanting a more bikes now! :mrgreen:

One thing I'd like to know is is there a good place to buy aftermarket parts for these bikes. I've already bought a Specialized tan seat for my wife's bike and robbed the seat mount off a old 24" 80s Schwinn I had laying around. I'd love to see about getting wide wall tires for these bikes and wouldn't mind finding out if its possible and where to get a 3 speed hub/wheel for these so it would be easier to ride for extended periods of time. I've searched around some and haven't run across a decent place to buy parts and pieces online cause the few bike shops around my place are based strongly around HIGH dollar road bikes. Thanks love the forum so far!

Latest posts

Back