New guy, first custom build.......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys from Mid-Missouri, just back from vacation in Fl and saw quite a few rat low rider bikes at a car show we go to each year in Daytona. My wife and I ride daily weather permitting, she's got an anniversary Schwinn and I ride a frankenbike that I put together. Nothing special just the lightest aluminum frame I could find and the lightest components to finish it. I've got a few bikes and parts laying around and most tools to refab a frame so after seeing some very creative rides I came home ready to build one and I'm a certified welder with papers to weld on any bridge in Mo so got that covered. Ok enough about me here's the start of my first build, I'll start a build thread when I make a little more progress. Still in the planning and finding parts stage right now......

Welcome to the forum!

I also jumped into bike building by going big with my first project. Now everything else is a cakewalk by comparison. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Definitely keep us posted.

Thanks for the welcome guys, got a 25% off coupon in the mail from Harbor Freight so went out and bought a tubing roller. I normally only buy American tools but good ones are considerably higher and this should do what I need for now. A good day scrapping too, found some useful metal just need a little warm weather now to start tacking parts together.

Latest posts

Back